Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oregon/Washington guys/gals - RUN this weekend

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BurbinOR, Nov 2, 2001.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Hey, Pacific NW folks, sorry for the short notice (for those of you NOT on OBH anyway), but there will be a Sand Lake run this Saturday (tomorrow [​IMG]). Mudhog (Shannon) will be down there around noon or so, channel 28 on the CB. It's even supposed to be 60+ and sunny!!!!

The unfortunate impetus for this run is to recognize and formally say farewell to a great friend of the Oregon Bushhackers (and especially Shannnon) whose untimely passing almost two weeks ago still shocks us all. This memorial trip to Sand Lake will culminate in a sunset gathering at Scottie's favorite spot at Sand Lake, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Scottie Duncan was a friend of mine too and was a good man.

Anyway, the official gathering time/spot is at the West parking lot at Sand Lake (closest to the ocean) at 3:30. Look for my white Blazer or Shannon's light blue Blazer or anyone with an OBH logo. We will then caravan down to the memorial spot and wheel until sunset.

Hope to see some of you guys out there..........Dan (BlueKnight), AGM73K5 (Aaron), chevyfumes (Rob), IGOR (Ben), jkbrown (Jason), Jeremy (55Willy), Blue_Beast (Jason), k5blazerus (Colin), elkboy (Norm), speedy (no name known!), viper31 (Longview resident, not too far) and whoever else can make it.

Let's get the PNW CK5 gang out !

***Disclaimer - SORRY if I forgot anyone from 'round here...........[​IMG]

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

well i will be there like you said around noon and will be doing some wheeling till around 3:30 i will be on cb channel 28 and also chris helvey will be with me so if you cant get me on the cb try giving him a shout my cb is not working the best right now but you will get him or me hope to see you all down there

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

3. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

Does anyone want to make a quick trip through some mud holes in TSF on the way? I'm up for the memorial at sand lake also, but wouldn't mind getting muddy on the way

<font color=red> Elkboy </font color=red> 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I won't be getting down that way till after 2pm, so will be heading straight to Sand Lake............see ya there.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

We'll be there around noon or so.
    I just got home from work so I need a few zzz's and then we are over the hills .
    Ya can't miss us we will be in a rusty white K5. With a CK5 windshield sticker.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

6. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Damn-

I can't believe I missed this. And I just sat around the house this weekend too - I gotta start checking the board on the weekends I guess - not much fun to peruse the net at home when you sit in front of a 'puter at work all day - Frank, next time I will definitely try and make it!

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

8. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ah-

Looks like you guys had fun... oh well next time!

I need lower gears in my K5 anyway - I've done the Coos Bay dunes in it with 3.08's (and 35" tires)- yeah that sucks!

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

wish I could've been there, if I'd known I was gonna get skunked at elk hunting , I would have went....

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

10. mudhog

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hey you guy's think I'll be able to get around out there, it's not like I wheel all the time infact never. I'd hate to get stuck and have you guy's pull me out every five mins.[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

12. mudhog

naw ask frank(blazinor) and ron (powermad) i am a good teacher i learned from an awesome teacher and if you do get stuck no biggie i like to pull people out and i will also need to try out my new 14ff[​IMG]

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

13. shannon,
    when did you get the one ton gear? did you ever get your lift on too? Brians60 keeps promising me a dana 60 for cheep so i'm holding out.

i can't make it this weekend and i'm pretty sure colin won't be there as his blazer is all torn apart awaiting a 4 speed. sounds like fun- take lots of pics!

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

14. mudhog

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

16. sorry, i didn't read the dates on the post. i must have missed this post last week cause i was working.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>