Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oregon & Washington: when are we having a PNW CK5 run?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by IGOR, Sep 10, 2001.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I keep reading about these guys in Colorado, or Oklahoma, or even Californey going on 4x runs -what about us PNW guys?

I'm in Clackamas (outskirts of Portland) and have got an itching to 4x with some CK5 guys - new to Portland area so don't know where to go!

Brian?, Frank? Mudzer (haven't met you yet!)?

Anyone game in the coming weekends or months?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Sounds good but I'm full size impaired right now [​IMG] I would like to say I would be able in a month or so but that just wishful thinking. But either way I could find some others that may want to go or bum a ride[​IMG].

<font color=red>It's not what you drive, but what drives you</font color=red>( Or is it what you work on,lol)
    <font color=orange> 1955 willy's on a 1977 blazer chassis </font color=orange>

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

im in portland and am a member of the http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/mudhogck5/pics at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

4. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

Well I'm going to be at Winchester Bay on the 22nd and 23rd. But my buddies have really been bugging me about going on some trails at Trask or somewhere close. He got the bug when I showed him the trails on the OBH site. Let me know if anyone else is going.

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your in the same boat I am. I'd love to be done with my recent projects by the end of the month. I think I'll need to find a 4 leaf clover to pull that off though ;)

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

6. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I'll be at the beach blast. I haven't started ripping my rig apart yet.
    I have been trying to get the other guys at work with K5's to go but they all have their rigs in peices.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Wow, cool, haven't heard anything from you in a looooooonnnnnnnngggggggg time Ben. Glad to see you're up in our part of the woods. Winch and bumper you sold me are looking good.............too bad I didn't need them to pull out a big fat bull elk this week [​IMG] but hey that's archery. I am shooting for making it to the Beach Blast for OBH also........tho its on a soccer Saturday, and I coach my kids team, so not sure yet. AT the LEAST, we should get together for pizza and beer somewhere and to check out our rigs, meet each other, etc. Ought to be able to get about 8 of us in one place at least ONCE, ya know?

Seems we are way behind the curve on wheeling trips, huh.............all these other guys must not have a life [​IMG]............or don't have the great NW to keep them busy.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

8. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

I might have my beast back together enough by the beach blast to go. I have to pull the t-case and replace the input shaft and coupler so all my trans fluid will stop migrating into my t-case. I filled my deer tag on a small doe with my son and nephew along so they got a chance to track and gut one (ever try to stalk a deer with two kids along). They both start hunting next year year so I wanted to start teaching them so they will be ready next year. Still need to fiill my elk tag though, I'll be hitting it hard the last week of season. Good luck all !

<font color=red> Elkboy </font color=red> 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.

9. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Dont worry I have met Mudzer before, your not missing much,,,, hehe :) No he is a good guy I guess... Ha Ha I just like giving him a hard time. :)

BlazerBoy
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/generalblueballs/>http://www.geocities.com/generalblueballs/</a>

10. IGOR

Frank-

Nice to hear from you too- I've been busy. Been settling into my job at Warn - I love it. Warn just began producing all of their Brush guards and other round tube stuff in house with the purchase of a new CNC Tubing Bender - I have been placed in charge of that - it's a blast! We have a lot of new exciting products coming out in the next year - (of course none for my first gen K5 or pickup) My wife and I are looking for a house right now in Clack/Happy Valley/Mt. Scott/Boring/Damascus/Gresham/Sandy area - whatever you get the idea - I really have no preference as to location - just as long as there is room for a shop (or one already there) and I got to have at least a single car garage for now to park the Blazer in topless!

glad to hear you still like the winch - I was regretting selling it to you until I saw our new 15000 lb winch - that's a gotta have for my gray truck!

Pizza and beer somewhere sometime soon sounds real good! Of course I put this post up and now can't make it to that weekend at Sandlake- Ah sweet irony of life!

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Keep me informed of their brush guard/bumpers. Tho I like the Warn Classic, the overhang is not optimal to me, would rather have something a bit smaller/less overhang.

Not sure of your budget on the home thing, but Damascus has the best deals/nicest area in those areas you listed. You can almost guarantee to get a decent size lot (1/2 acre and up) with a shop. When we bought up here in Gresham we looked at a couple of places in Boring/Damascus that were off Sunnyside road with a shop and an acre for about $230K at the time. Not too bad.

For traffic concerns, you probably know Clackamas (or better yet Sunnyside rd) has horrendous traffic...........but being that you work in Milwaukie and have to head towards I-205 there aren't a lot of choices in that area as far as freeway access goes. Anyway, let me know how your search goes, anything I can do to help let me know.

Got a realtor yet? I have a good one in mind that we used for 3 house purchases/sales if you need one, that knows that area like the back of her hand.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

12. IGOR

You hit the nail on the head - we would love between 1/2 &amp; 1 acre for under $250 - that seems to be a tall order lately.

We just fired one realtor - I'd be interested in at least talking to yours.

I'll keep my eye open for brush guards/bumpers - we just developed a new grille guard for Heeps that would look good on a Classic - (although it probably wouldn't fit quite right)

I actually work at the Capps road facility - it's off 130th &amp; Highway 212/224

I'm going to need to talk to you in the near future about engine rebuilding and TPI setups - both of my rigs are getting tired...

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Sent you a PM with the realtor's name and phone number. Great person to work with.

On the motor, anytime you want to talk to Ben (my builder/mechanic Ben, not babbling to yourself [​IMG]) let me know. He is constantly building motors at his house in Clackamas/Boring. Does very high end stuff or whatever level you want.