Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oreilly store coming to town in march

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Dec 9, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hmm i just learned that we are getting an Oreilly auto parts store ehre 650 square feet in size and be open in mid march the building permit is already on file, all we have her ein this town are a small town size napa store and a few years old autozone and a small parts plus place, thats how it had been for years since we had a shear's or however its spelled it was before my time mostly.

how good is oreilly store ? do they carry just replacement junk like the rest, or do they carry aftermarket too, or ? 4x4 stuff ? they claim that they have had record sales inlast likr three quarters, thats pretty crazy with us being out of work and no money, hmm.. apparently someone is not poor somewhere, but oh well, more competition is a good thing for here,

thanks

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Went to O'reilly's at 8:30 PM one Saturday night while having a "wrenchin' party" at my house. Was there to pick up a u joint, and had just discovered that I really needed to replace my lock outs. Just so happened they had Warns on the shelf. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I really don't shop for auto parts anywhere else.

John

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

In my opinion Carquest has alot better stuff and more selection. I dont know if they carry aftermarket stuff such as Warn Hubs and whatnot. [boomhower voice]illtellyouwhatmanthatdangedole horeilys isbetterthandemoledangedole vatozone illtellyouwhatman[/boomhower voice]

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

The O'Reilly's in my town is about a year old, and I shop between them and AutoZone. AZ's prices are generally a bit cheaper but OR will price match. OR carries about the same off brand stuff that AZ does....but they don't carry Timkin bearings. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

You should apply for a job there Randy. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Randy if they are opening up a new store you might want to think about putting in an app there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Randy if they are opening up a new store you might want to think about putting in an app there

[/ QUOTE ]
    What he said /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

they said they will only have 12 to 15 employess and about half will be carryovers from other stores, so the odds of me getting a job there is very slim, plus theres no way i can run parts store computeror register, if its not windows based then i cant run it, no way, but i did put in an app today for precision products and im sure ill get that job, ill know soemthing anytime after the weekend, i met a local single girl a year younger than I last night thats interested in me(thought that would never happen ever) and she is cute and seems really cool and so now i am really really going to need to find work even more badly now, wish me luck ? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    thanks

8. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    there's no way I can run parts store computer or register, if its not Windows based then I cant run it, no way

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you could, Randy....a little training goes a long way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Randy those parts store computers are like an old DOS program. Simpler than most windows apps and they will train you on it if you get hired. But if the place is taking apps someone with actual experience repairing vehicles can be viewed as a big plus.

Then they will probably need someone who knows how to look up stuff in the books under the counter from time to time as well. That is rarely taught to the young kids that I have to deal with behind the counter.

Plus the biggest benifit to working there, employee discount on parts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree. I have to say, knowing the catalogs increases my sales DRAMATICALLY.

Your chance of getting a job there is VERY good with your knowledge.

Running the computer is a joke. If they want a gasket, you push g. You scroll to gasket--valve cover, or whatever they want, hit enter, type in the year, make, and model and if necessary answer additional questions and the parts pop up. The list can be printed and includes part number, brand, price, warranty info etc.

650 square feet is tiny, but it's somewhere to start! Working at an autoparts store is the easist job I've ever had, but it challenges you at times. Every time a customer walks to the counter and asks for a rare part and I find it for them, it really makes me smile. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Randy those parts store computers are like an old DOS program. Simpler than most windows apps and they will train you on it if you get hired. But if the place is taking apps someone with actual experience repairing vehicles can be viewed as a big plus.

Then they will probably need someone who knows how to look up stuff in the books under the counter from time to time as well. That is rarely taught to the young kids that I have to deal with behind the counter.

Plus the biggest benifit to working there, employee discount on parts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well see thats my problem, i never learned DOS, all i know are a few commands like Fdisk and hmm dunno.,,. ive been trying to find out where to learn dos commands for years, seems like thw world makes it a big secret how to learn dos, cant find any info about it anywhere,

yeah 650 feet2 is small but hey this town is just a farming community, and not even a suburb or anything, just out in the middle of cornfields, not much happens around here and youre nobody here unless youre a farmer, and im not and want nothing to do with farming, so,,.

thanks