Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

original factory console reinstall

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Jan 25, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

ok,
    im wanting to reinstall my original console after some work by other parties. how does it install ? i have four long screws that i think go to it, but do i need a rear bracket that it screws to and then screws to the floor like the 81' up models ? could someone also provide me with exact measurements from the 4x4 shifter back so i can install it where it is suppost to be ? thanks to any and all.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    gettin'down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x4 play !

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Can't help tell you if it mounts exactly like '81 up (which use a bracket in the rear, and a total of four smallish bolts to hold them in place) but is there a reason you can't go from teh underside and, if carpet is in the way, push something through to mark the holes? I was under the impression that all K5's (save ones bought on contract like military) had a console anyways, so the holes should be there.

Anyways, just an idea if the holes are already there, just not visible from the top.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

im thinking the holes arent there any more cause i had entire new floor front to back welded in. the body shop did not put alot of stuff back in, and also did not return alot of stuff with my truck ! they just pitched alot of trim and other stuff. i have been scrounching local salvage yars trying to locate stuff. also i could use pics of the deflect shield/trim piece behind the passengers side fold up seat. when i reinstall this stuff i want to do it correctly. thanks again.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    gettin'down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x4 play !