Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Original Hemi Dart anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by tRustyK5, Apr 29, 2002.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

well ain't that sweet! I'd need a heck of a lot of documentation thought to trust that it is an original super stock car.

3. tRustyK5

Without doing any digging I'd say it must be pretty up and up. Especially with a bid of 100K already. That particular car is extremely well known so it would be hard to fake. I actually found a Hemi Dart clone on Hemmings site...for much less money./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I had 3 different Dart's when I was younger...the last one was a 68 Dart GT. I should have kept it...

Rene

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

yeah with a 100k bid you would think that, but who knows... it is eBay. eBay has more crap then a junkyard sidewalk sale. I always wonder why anyone buys something like that on ebay. I'd diffenetly want to look at it and spend some time checking sources and asking around.

Darts are nice cars, there is a MINT 69 here for 4 grand which is a pretty good price for it IMO. Seems like here only the cudas and chargers are bring the real high premiums and the challengers, roadrunners, and GTX's are a bit less.Other mopars are actrually reasonably priced... WOW!

5. tRustyK5

If I had the cabbage to bid on that, I'd fly out and have a good look first. Check out all the documentation etc etc...

Darts are so often overlooked for performance cars...which is fine with me. It keeps them affordable! Unless it's a Hemi-Dart/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Rene

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I had a 72 Cuda that my dad and I dropped a Hemi in. I got on it once, scared me so bad that I sold the car. Atleast we made our money back plus some. Wish I had that car today, I'd love to go fire it up and just let it idel for a while. You can feel the raw power in that car. It had a 4 speed with the pistal grip shifter and I think 4:56 gears. It was alot of work building it, but it was a father son prodject. My dad was a mopar guy. The car was far from stock, dad and I built the motor, we got it out of a wrecked 69 Charger we bought from a guy that raced.