Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Original Jack

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NuBombs72K5, Jul 3, 2002.

1. NuBombs72K5

NuBombs72K5 1/2 ton status

Since there are no stupid questions (I Hope), and since mine didn't come with one, I have a question. Where would the original jack be stored from the factory, and what type of jack is it? I was Just wondering what is supposed to be and where. BTW - Mines a 72. (If it matters)

2. weldor

weldor Registered Member

I don't have an answer for you, but my '69 has a spring behind the drivers seat. It looks like an old style screen door spring. That *may* be where it was stored, I don't know. Is there a book that gives all of these details? The owner's manual only gives jacking instructions and does not show where it would be stored.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

on my 69 if that makes a difference. the jack was right behind the original tire carrier with its on little bracket and spring. and the handle thing was behind the drivers seat as he said in the other spring. now i use a hydraulic jack. the original just barely picks up the truck.

later

nathan