Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

original soft-top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 96chevy, Jun 21, 2003.

1. 96chevy

96chevy Registered Member

Aug 19, 2002
    Does any one have an original soft-top, or know where I can get one? I'm looking to do a restore and would prefer this over the new ones. Kinda going for the new-old school type thing.
  2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Dec 28, 2001
    They were a very rare option to begin with, and most are detriorated. An old employer I keep in touch with has a mint '76 with the original soft top. Very nice.
    I saw a NOS one on ebay a year or so ago..it went for about $800 if I remember right. If you have one that just needs refurbished, you can have a custom top company, there's lots of those around, just re-canvas it off the orgincal template and refurbish any hardware pieces. If you don't have a template, I don't know what to tell you. The company that made these ceased to exists in the mid '80's.