Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Original tire size

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bennevis, Jun 13, 2000.

1. bennevis

bennevis Registered Member

Does anyone know what the original tire size on an 82' 4 wheel drive blazer is? I have 3.73 gears and 32" tires and am looking to change gears (lower) any suggestions on what to go to, looking at 4.56. Daily driver some off-road, oh yeah, it has a 700r4. Thanks for any and all help

2. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Acoring to the orginal sticker fo rmy 1985 K5 with similar stats, mine came with 31's.

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I believe the "standard" size was around a 235/75R15 with the 31x10.50 being the optional size. Your best bet to find out for sure would be to check the option codes in the glovebox.

4. bennevis

bennevis Registered Member

I wish I could go out to the truck and check the glove box but I can not because I am in Bosnia. I don't want to spend money until I can do some research into changing gears and or axles before I get back. Don't take this as whining about being here, just wish I had the blazer here. Thanks for the answer. Any opinion on the gears?