Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORU turning into 4 wheel parts?.....UPDATED.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by doonjumper, Apr 18, 2001.

1. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

About three weeks ago I ordered a cross over steering kit, a D60 satin diff cover, and a 14 bolt satin diff cover. When asked if they had everything in stock the guy told me yeah. They are without question 2 days delivery time away from me. After four days waiting not including Sat/Sun I called them. I talked to the same guy and he told me that there is a two week building time on the cross over kit. I said when I placed my order you told me that everything was in stock. He said hold on. He came back on the line and told me that the only thing that they were waiting on was the rear diff cover from the manufacturer. I said I needed these parts by last weekend and my order was contingent upon that. Now your telling me that I won't receive the parts for another week? He said here's what I'm gonna do. I'll ship you everything I have which is the cross over kit and front diff cover. I said thanks I really appreciated it! Will you ship it out today? He said yeah. That was on the 11th of April. Remember it only takes two days to get from there to here. I called today and talked to the guy who does the shipping his name is Steve. He informed me that the only thing he has is the front cover. He said that what usually happens is the guy taking the phone orders does not look to see if the parts that are available are spoken for. Basically he does'nt look at the customers who have parts on back order. I don't know how big this Co. is but you'd think that even a small Co. would have there act together. I can understand that the guy who took my order overlooked that there were people ahead of me who were waiting for there parts. What I can't understand is why didn't I receive a phone call to let me know that there was a mistake with my order. Anyways Steve told me that they would try and ship everything out next wed the 25th. No gaurentees. I said where have I heard that before? We'll see. From everything that I have heard they sounded like a pretty reputable Co. They might be. They haven't proved it to me.

Steve called me back on 4-15-01 and told me that his machinist would stay late tomarrow and make me the neccasary parts. I think that this is a good jesture on thier part and do appreciate thier effort. However I think that they need to implement a better inventory system.

Called ORU on 4-24-01 @ 9:00 am and asked if they had machined the parts and Steve said yes. I asked if they had shipped out the parts and he said no he probabally won't get the parts until Friday 4-27-01. They are still waiting on the 14 bolt diff cover. I told him to mail me what he had and he said I will mail them right now. They are two days away max through UPS ground. That means I should receive the package on 4-26-01 if he mailed them on the 24th like he said. We shall see...
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by doonjumper on 04/25/01 10:44 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: ORU turning into 4 wheel parts?

Dont go labeling ORU as bad company. They ARE a small shop. They can only do so much because their facilities is only 10,000 square feet. Thats small when you have ALOT of customers!!! They also dont have all the room they need to store everything they sell. When the supply and demand are so great there, sure, they are going to do backorders. So, please give them a break. ORU is one of my favorite businesses to deal with. The owner is AWESOME!!! He even has an AWESOME truck!!! [​IMG]

3. doonjumper

Re: ORU turning into 4 wheel parts?

I' never said that they were a bad Co. All I said was how I was treated by them. Label them 4 Wheel Parts and all of the sudden they are a crappy store. But label them ORU and they are a small shop trying there best to keep up. I'm sure that they are a good business usually but not in this case. C'mon I was told twice by the same guy that they had ALL the parts and the last time I talked to him he was going to mail them that SAME DAY. It would have helped if they would have just called me and told me that They made an honest mistake. I would be cool with that. Instead they let me think that my parts were on there way and I made plans with my buddy to install the parts the weekend before last and then last weekend and no parts showed up. It wasn't a totall loss though. We had a Bitch'n BBQ[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. doonjumper