Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORV Parks require insurance? If so what do I do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 3, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Do some ORV parks require Auto Insurance to run their trails? I've never been but have read that somewhere before. If that is true, what does someone like me do? My project is a truggy without a title. I won't pay another couple hundred a year for it. Can I insure it as an ATV? Maybe this is state specific but anyone have knowledge on this? I haven't nailed down what my project is yet, it could be an S10 with a title or something else that likely doesn't have one.

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Yes, most parks require insurance. Call your company and ask them about limited use show car insurance, or whatever it is they have for limited use auto's. Shouldnt run you more than $100 a year. If you were a farmer this would be a lot easier.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

$100 a year is cool, but it may be a bitch for me since I have high risk auto insurance.

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

afaik a lot of insurance companies will not insure an off road rig. Everyone I've talked to that tried was told no.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

someone in the insurance industry needs to wake up and corner this market. Think about it... offer insurance that is web-based like Geico... and have a system where local shops can appraise rigs. Insurance could cover against theft all the time, and when you wanted to wheel you could go online and "activate" your insurance, when you get back from your trip you "deactivate" it the same way. You get charged a flat rate for the theft insurance and a per-day price on actual use time. That would rock... and if some company could figure out a way to do it they could sooo score a market on boards like Pirate etc etc. I work for Wells Fargo... they offer insurance but I think they contract it out with a different company. Too bad, I could propose the idea and become a VP or something when it rakes in mad $$$$. ;)

j

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Have you asked the gang over at Mid-Atlantic about this yet? They seem to go to Paragon & Rausch Creek pretty often; they should know this.
    I recall reading that Paragon requires registration and insurance, but that was a while ago; it could've changed.