Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OT - Another bad Ebay experience!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mr.Chevy4x4, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I won an auction for a set of TPI heads back on January 3rd. I payed the guy via paypal on the 6th. Not a single word from him as of this past Monday(13th) so I sent an e-mail. He said he would get them out the next day. Sent him an e-mail yesterday to ask if they were shipped, no response. Sent him another this evening threatening to leave negative feedback and contact Ebay and Paypal. Funny thing, he responded pretty quick. Heads haven't shipped, as a matter of fact they are still in the machine shop. Probably won't be ready on Monday. In the past couple of weeks a couple of other people have left negative feedback on this guy. Prior to that he had good feedback. After finding out the situation and that he had lied I asked for a refund. His response was he would relist them and give me my money back after they had sold again. What a crock of CRAP!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I am Pi$$ed! Any recommendations on what I should do? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mike

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Contact Ebay's fraud dept.

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Do you want a set of TBI heads for a 350.. out of a 90 blazer?? If so PM me..

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Doesnt look good. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. CJeepFreak84

CJeepFreak84 Registered Member

People like him ruin a good thing. E-bay really should have harsher punishments to not only deadbeat buyers but DEADBEAT SELLERS! That rally sucks man i'd write as many letters to anyone at e-bay as you could! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Tell him refund the $ now or negative feedback and fraud charges will be filed! I believe you can file for mail fraud on top of the ebay route.

But I would leave negative feedback in the end no matter what.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    His response was he would relist them and give me my money back after they had sold again.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can he sell something that isn't his anymore? Any updates on this?

Rene

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I believe you can file for mail fraud on top of the ebay route.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he'd get very far filing for mail fraud since he used Pay Pal... As far as we know, the USPS, Fed Ex, UPS or anyone else who would fit under 'mail' have not been used.... so there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I was thinking he was supposed to recieve something in the mail so go for mail fraud... Or at least threaten it.

10. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the guy is being a D!ck! I have given up fighting with him for the moment. Ebay won't do anything until after 30 days. I talked to a couple of other people who have left negative feedback on him since I won the auction. They both have been waiting for over 6 weeks and say that he isn't responding to their e-mails. I am going to wait the required 30 days, and then I will start raising hell! What an IDIOT! He had 130+ positive feedback and now he is doing this.

When I told him I was going to leave negative feedback on him he threatened me with negative feedback. I paid him withing 2 days of the end of the auction. How could he leave me negative feedback???????????? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Live and learn, I guess??????????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mike

11. ConradK-5

ConradK-5 Registered Member

eBay is good thing until we run across liars like this. I believe that if he gives you a neg feedback you can contest with eBay and he will be in for it for not being able to support his neg claim, that is slanderous. It is pursuable in a court of law. Also, try the eBay "live help"
    I love eBay, I use it to buy and sell DATSUN 510 parts. My eBay name is ConradK-5 also. Post his eBay name so we know to not buy from him. Give me a PM if he's in the Sacramento CA area /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Any idea where this guy lives? Maybe we could give him a K5 party /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Contact Ebay's fraud dept.

[/ QUOTE ] That is a waste of time. I got screwed out of $400.00 6 months ago. What has e-bay done............nothing. Not even an e-mail. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

don't you have his addresse? just post it here somebody should live near him. Imagin his face at 1 in the morning when he has this on his front lawn hehe! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    [​IMG]

he is going to need alot of /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

15. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

When I told him I was going to leave negative feedback on him he threatened me with negative feedback. I paid him withing 2 days of the end of the auction. How could he leave me negative feedback????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

People leave negative feedback about anything.. I sold an exhaust system for a mustang on ebay and the clamps were not included in the auction. Well I felt like being nice so I sent him a few clamps. He then contacted me saying the exhaust looked great but not all of the clamps were shipped so he left me negative feedback. Oh I was pissed. How the heck can you leave someone negative feedback for not getting something that wasn't included anyway.

The list of ebay idiots goes on and on.