Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

other cars with 350s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88MudBeast, Mar 4, 2002.

1. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

Hey guys, just got done watching junk-yard wars and got inspired. My friend and i had always talked about buying a junk truck with no engine, and buying some beat up piece of [censored] with a chevy 350 in it and putting that in the truck. So, where can i find a list of cars...any cars...that have 350s in them? My friend and i are looking for a summer project, and are looking to get started so we have the supplies for this summer. Thanks a lot.

Jake

2. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Umm, why not get a junk truck with engine instead of two junk vehicles?

3. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

well i was thinking about that...i was just going to buy the engine-less truck for like 200 bux, then some beater with a engine for maybe 500. but if i find a truck with a good engine for a good price, then it wont be a prob...kinda wanted to do the swap though....for experience. But it all depends on the prices of the cars i find
    Jake

4. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Best sleeper I ever saw was the 94 Cadillac Coupe deVille. Has a Corporate (Chevy) 350 roller cammed special TBI engine. My father in law bought one used a few months ago with 31k miles and I can't believe the power that thing makes. Just has strong low end torque and pulls like a bear to 100+mph. I went with him to check it out, and this old guy about 80 comes out, pulls the car cover off (car sitting in heated garage) and begins to tell us all the things wrong with it. I could tell he didn't really want to sell it. Turns out his wife had just died, and his daughter was moving him to Florida to live with her. The car couldn't go and had to be sold. We bought it for $2900 including the car cover. Only thing we did was have a new set of tires put on. The old guy had bought the car new and had it serviced every 2-3 months at the Cadillac dealer.