Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Other RC Addicts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ok guys ive been getting my Rustler out and about recently, I have two packs a El Cheap 1500 Nicd and a Trinity Heavy Metal 3000Nimh

Im fairly certain the Heavy Metal is trashed is sat unused for the better part of 3 years, i can only get 2 - 3 min of high speeds out of it.

The 1500 is better but only by about a min.

I run a XL-1 ESC, Bearings in my RPM Carriers and a 17 turn double motor.

Any way to get them back to go condition or am i better to toss them and get a few new packs. Ill prolly get a bout 2000s or something if i do.

My Charger is a Dynamite Mega 2 if you have any suggestions for batterys.

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

that XL1 is WAYYYYY old technology. could get better times out of a newer ESC. when was the last time you cleaned your motor? changed the brushes and springs? how about cleaned and oiled the bearings on the truck? how far off is the gearing from stock?

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Stock gearing, I used some John Deere Electric Motor Contact Cleaner on it tonight before i ran it. Im going go get some oil and relube the carrier bearings tommorrow. Ive been out of RC for about 4 years, so other then some new models i dont know any off the stuff. I remember the Novak Rooster, SuperRooster and Reactor. I was really thinkin about getting the Reactor before I got out of RC.

Pretty much i got my GMC and the Rustler took up some shelf space in my room.

I dont think it would be worth it to put new brushes in my motor, Id probably just get a new motor. Just found out though you have to subscribe to towerhobbies catalog now, i used to get them for free :doah:

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

ttt