Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Other than brand loyalty issues... (Nissan question)

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by PhoenixZorn, Jun 10, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Mar 17, 2005
    Is there really anything wrong with a Nissan Diesel?? They come in all sizes from 2.0L to 3.3L and range in power from 60hp to 100+hp, non-turbo, and I'd imagine a like amount of torque in comparison to other inline diesels... The best thing is, they are plentiful and apparently cheap... other than being Japanese and likely more expensive to fix if something were to go wrong, is there a hard reason why you guys wouldn't put a Nissan truck diesel in your K5? For the cost aspect alone, I'm leaning towards one of these in the 2.7L-3.3L range instead of a Cummins or GM Diesel.

Both 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder versions are available, and I'm sure I could do a turbo addition when the time comes to actually put the engine in one of my trucks... Considering the 3.3L 6-Cylinder is puting out as much power as the 3.9L 4BT, I'd imagine I could bomb the hell out of that Nissan motor, and have one hell of a nice mileage hog...
  2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Aug 5, 2002
    Ibelieve the only issue would be what tranny willyou use.
    The nissan is actually one of the better small diesels, I would go with it if you can adapt it to a tranny from GM.