Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OTR truckers: commission check when unloadng trailer ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Nov 8, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hmm i just was offered a job, gotta talk to the guy on saturday but i was told that he has to make out some kind of commission check for having his trailer unloaded when he arrives at destinations,

ive never heard of this ?

does this exist ?

i was told i would be using fork trucks at the stops,

how could that be ?

why wouldnt he be unloading himself to save $ then ?

my job would be to ride in tractor with and unload the trailer at stops wherever in the country

anyoen know anything about this ??

thanks

2. buick528

buick528 Registered Member

hey ,i dont know about the check but some guys do it so they can sleep or physically cant do it.when i delivered pianos in a rig we had a crew that unloaded for me.

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I'd put money on there NOT being a forklift at all the stops

4. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

oh yeah thats called lumping i agree there prbly wont be a fork lift there always and whats he offering for pay if its per job it could be low money um my buuddy drives for swift sure wish i finished traing any how he is only aloted so much for paying lumpers do some checking there are uninion sp? lumpers if you pull up and thats whos there they unload just make sure you do some asking bout bout regular pay and what not i have hlped lump and il tell ya the jobs i did i was workin my arse off tires anyhow thats my to cents but it could be good money just be careful what bout if you get hurt stuff like that you know /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

You've got a much brighter future joining the NG /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah I don't see how lumpers can make much money when for most of the deliveries we handle the lumper fee is only $100-$150. Unless they can do a whole lot during the course of a day. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif