Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ouch!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by donimator, Sep 17, 2001.

1. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Well, today I was working on my truck. I was taking the passenger side door panel off to fix a rattle. I went to move the wing window on that side and it was stuck. I started to push on it to open it up and BAM[​IMG]! It shattered. [​IMG] At first, I though oh great now i need a new window. And then, I looked at my arm and it was cut bad.[​IMG] I immediatly coverd it up and put preassure on it. Went to the local medical doc in the box and 5 stiches later, I am all fixed up. I am lucky it didn't hit any arteries or anything bad, just a cut. Just everybody be carefull of those wing windows. Oh, does anybody have on lying around i can have.[​IMG]

73 3/4 ton Chevy. 383 stroker, TH350, NP 205, 14bolt FF(Detroit), Dana 44(limited Slip), 6in. lift, 36x 14.5 super swampers

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Yikes! Be careful! I've had some near-death close calls myself and have been lucky. Safety always comes first! Oh, and sorry, no extra window.

<font color=red>Impotence: Nature's way of saying "No hard feelings"</font color=red>

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Dont feel bad... I didnt even get to break mine... someone else did and I still cut myself on it...

OK.. OK.. go ahead and laugh... But i didnt get stitches...

Glad your ok...

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

which side you need it for i believe I have an extra passenger one here if you are willign to pay shipping...PM me if interested

1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer
    1982 Chevy C-10 Longbed

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Glad your Ok.

I get all the exercise I need pushing my luck! [​IMG]

7. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Ouch... Mine's pretty hard to open and close, now I'll have to make sure I don't put too much pressure on the glass.

Don't have a spare window. Sorry.