Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ouestions lots of them for those who went.

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Metrodps, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Can someone try to answer these for me I know they are what will be written in the future but I am wondering and would like to know.

1. How many trucks/people showed up total for the event?

2. What was the farthest anyone came?

3. Any strange vehicles show up?

4. Were there any problems on the trails? Rig breakage or personal injuries?

5. Over all what age range was at there?

6. How was the BBQ and what all was served by the great people who put it on?

7. Who won what?

8. How did it compare to previous events?

9. Were there any issues from BLM or any other agency (local cops, Feds, ect..)?

Yea I know I ask a lot but just want to know so I can use it to gauge the size of it. I really wish I could of been there but with my trip to area in late June 07 and the Summer Blaze in July I had to miss BB.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Someones family leader makes the best brownies :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

3. Metrodps

Man I would of loved to of been there with you all just to of seen the water running off the trail I checked all the pics and had a longing to be there.

I am just trying to get a handle on what to expect for us at Summer Blaze in July at Rausch Creek in PA.
    Thanks

If anyone else has anything to say jump on in the waters fine!

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

3. I don't know if my Blazer chalet counts. :D
    5. I had my 9 month old baby with me on the trails and I did see some 60 plus year olds maybe even more

5. Metrodps

Hey Ice yea I saw your pics. Nice to see a rare Chalet out there. Your future 4 wheeler pic was so adorable and I figured the little one was youngest. :)
    How did you do on the trails?

---------------------------
    By strange weird I mean like a 1958 Diamond Reo or a Uni Mog that kinda of strange.

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well with stock K5 and stock 31" street tires, I did pretty good didn't get stuck in the mud crossings, didn't kill the engine in a 2 foot deep creek crossing, didn't tip over on 30 degree off camber sections, and we had a blast.
    It's been so long since I wheeled a stock vehicle, makes you think more before youpoint and shoot. :D
    The camper is pretty light so it didn't change my COG too much, the steps however did get banged up from rocks, those will be the first to go in the modifications list.
    :doah:

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's been a few years since I've been to the Bash, but I highly recomend it. I went in '03 with my buddy Stan (BigDummy89K5) and we met a ton of really nice people. The wheeling is incredible and runs from mild to wild...usually a good selection no matter what you prefer. I fully plan to be there again in '07.

Rene

8. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

9. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

1. How many trucks/people showed up total for the event? A lot.

2. What was the farthest anyone came? Gerogia?

3. Any strange vehicles show up? Mine..

4. Were there any problems on the trails? Rig breakage or personal injuries? Yes, my ram bent for no darn reason. [​IMG]

I fell off the roof of my truck injuring my knee which just now mostly healed up.[​IMG]

5. Over all what age range was at there? wide range...

6. How was the BBQ and what all was served by the great people who put it on?
    BBQ was great, I helped a little cuz I work for ORD.

7. Who won what? Dono

8. How did it compare to previous events? Dono first BB.

9. Were there any issues from BLM or any other agency (local cops, Feds, ect..)? Not that I know of.

10. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanx to ORD again and We had a BLAST It was our first BB hopefully we wil have many more. Aside from the rain which I loved exceptfor the part where it almost helped me cause the death or injury of my Wife and 18 month old daughter, at the very beging of Hells on Friday. Anywho It was Awesome and all of you were awesome, I hope to see many of you again even those CO boys that werent with our group but were Oh so helpfull On FINS, Can't wait until next year C-ya Oh and the BBQ Fantastic Can you say YUMMY, One Fella one all the Goodies

11. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

You banged up my running boards?!? You bastich! :haha:

I mean, I spent like twenty bucks on those to placate my first wife (which didn't work ... she got in that thing once and never got in again... I shoulda learned something right then!)

Harumph. Those running boards have TWO sets of red Utah dust on them ... the only Chalet to make Blazer Bash TWICE, never mind at all.

-- A