Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Our first Commercial

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by After Ours, Mar 23, 2007.

1. After Ours

After Ours 1/2 ton status

It's low budget and will air locally... let me know what you think...My friends and family have already ripped it in every way possible, so be creative.....I am just happy I get to see my truck on T.V.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlaRpQtr4Aw

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i like it!

didnt realize you were close.

you guys make the rear bumper with a swing DOWN tire carrier?

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

nice! no idea why anyone would rip that! best commercial we have locally is one for these guys that make "tough sheds" for people's back yards. One time they had a full on tube buggy driving on top the roofs of a couple of them. :thumb:

j

4. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

One suggestion

The only thing the commercial needs is a close view of how the rhinolining looked after you ran that course. Great job anyway.

5. sgarrison

sgarrison 1/2 ton status

Very cool:bow:

6. After Ours

Yea, I am working on another commercial with a little more detail ( got my canon and my final cut) but its hard to fit it all in a 30sec spot.

7. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I agree, and maybe show a washup after.
    Nice run though, was you on the rev limiter, or self limiting by foot.

8. runamok151

runamok151 1 ton status Premium Member

cool vid. what channels will it be on and what bog was that? you're lucky the new season is starting. they are supposed to have frequent bogs at both e-town and new egypt this season. plenty of chances to reshoot. let me know if you're going. i get alot of video from both.

9. After Ours

That was all foot...dig and clean, dig and clean...the bogger way of life.
    That was out in Warren county at the farmers market. They have some cool stuff all week long. I heard that new egypt was doing it but I thought E-town didn't like the crowd that showed (beer and south jersey haha)and were not doing it again. New Egypt may even have a points system and a full season this year:saweet: Thanks for the compliments guys.

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I guess my biggest issue with the spot is that doesn't showcase your product- it just isn't what I call "effective advertising". It gets your attention, that's for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that a large majority of people have NO IDEA what Rhino Lining is, and your ad does little to educate them on it. All they know is that it has something to do with trucks.

My suggestion? Increase the spot by fifteen seconds. Start with 7.5 seconds showing the product being sprayed onto the truck(with a closeup of the final result), show the mud run, and then show 7.5 seconds of the mud being sprayed off by a smiling offroader. That way people realize Rhino Lining is a protective product for hardworking trucks that makes cleanup a breeeze........:thumb:

Just my humble opinion.

11. After Ours

I hear ya. I can only get a 30sec or a 60sec..and the 60 is more money. I had to put something together that would get people to the website, it will air on spike tv during 4x4 extreme and trucks locally. I am working on another commercial that will go into detail about the 2 Rhino Linings products we spray and some other accessories we offer. I had this footage and figured for the spot its airing it should get some attention. I appreciate the response guys, thanks.

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Hell, I didn't know people DIDN'T know what Rhino Lining was! :haha:

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

To tell you the truth if I had just happened upon that on you tube I would have never guessed it to be a commercial. Sorry to say but it sounded like 15 seconds at the county fair grounds, and the lettering just did not catch my eye at all. You need to start over with the product and have it in the bed of a pickup with close ups and being put to real world test. A Blazer going through a mud bog has nothing in the world to do with spray in bed liners or at least what a liner was intended for.............

14. After Ours

We also build custom stuff for fullsize chevys, I built the truck in the video..engine,trans everything. I was trying to showcase the capability of the trucks we build. Locally we are known as a Rhino Linings dealer and I wanted to let people know we can do more. The youtube version is not as good quality as the real thing, you can see the writing better on the better version. The other thing I was going for was reality. Their are way to many commercials with a truck in a C.G.I. background doing stuff the truck could never do.
    I will take your advice for the next one, I plan to branch out a little further than spike tv where people may not know what Rhino Linings is.
    And for the record it was 19 seconds at the county fair grounds:D

15. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Apparently Corey can't read white lettering. I read your banner several times during the commercial. I do agree though that a cool Blazer running a mud pit really has nothing to do with Rhino. Since you've said you do fab work as well maybe you might wanna stress that a little more in the next go round.

Just a thought.