Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Our trip to the zoo.... PICS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fabjunkie, Jul 20, 2006.

1. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Well the zoo here in Houston isn't as cool as the one in Portland seems to be, but here are a few pics of our visit. A lot of it was shut down for renovations, so either stuff was blocked off or the animals weren't out. :mad:

This was one of two cats that were out.
    [​IMG]

Here is the other
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of the wife after she took a wrong turn and ended up in a cage. :doah:
    [​IMG]

Moving into the reptile building we have a couple Anaconda's. Sorry the pic sucks. I had the flash off to keep the reflection off the glass to a minimum and I don't have the steadiest of hands. :crazy:
    [​IMG]

A twig snake. I thought it was pretty cool how well it blended in. It stands out more in the pic than in person.
    [​IMG]

Some humpin' going on.
    [​IMG]

And this little guy was either pissed off, trying to escape or had a catchy tune in his head as he was pretty active. He kept flailing his front legs back and forth. Quite amusing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An albino croc from somewhere.
    [​IMG]

Finally we end up with this guy. He looks like something from a Star Wars movie and was just sitting there with the saddest look on his face.
    [​IMG]

Now as we walked through the zoo looking at all the exhibits, we kept noticing that there were turtles in each cage, some big, some small, but there none the less. Kinda wondered why, but didn't think too much of it until we got to the one above and saw this guy having lunch.
    [​IMG]
    Yep that's a big pile of orangutang sh!t. Couldn't believe it, but he was having a grand 'ol feast. Had his head just covered in it. He would take a bite and fling his head around. :haha: There were probably 15 people standing there watching. Made the whole trip worth it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

very cool pics! Some parts of the Portland Zoo are pretty good considering the size of the city. It ain't no San Diego Zoo.. but its still really good. Their Polar Bear habitat is top notch. Its huge and there are multiple viewing areas to see the bears both above and below the water. Its pretty dang cool to watch a bear 3' away frolicking around in the water playing with toys the zoo keepers put in there. :thumb:

I'd like to go up to Seattle some day... they prolly have a good zoo too.

anyway, cool pics and funnay story about the turd-els. ;) :thumb:

j

3. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I didn't see a single bear. That's one of my favorite things, them and the big cats. I was dissapointed with it as a whole. There just wasn't a whole lot going on. I hadn't been to a zoo in at least 15 years, and this just didn't do it for me. :crazy: