Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

out comes the cut off wheel and sazall

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Oct 21, 2006.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

lost another panel this morning...my 86 is now doomed, **** it:crazy:

I will cut it like I did my old 75, pictured here..

[​IMG]

curse me now, or call me and talk me out of it!

[​IMG]

plan to shoot green back over it to make it clean,

2. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Only thing left that won't flex will be the ground.:haha:

3. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

it was such a pretty truck :(

4. supersize75k5

i am going to think the next hour and see what becomes, this is a really hard decision. but I know the panels are ****ed if I keep the truck

5. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

TRUGGY!

6. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

your truck looks really nice. you can do what you want, but wouldn't cut up a truck that looks that nice.

7. supersize75k5

my plan is to make it to where I can go back later and put new rear fenders back on if I wanted to when the buggy was done I could have it nice again, front fenders are no concern as they are super easy and cheap. I just see these getting very mangled in the next few months and hall it makes it narrower..:D

it may be nice..but you can always make em nice again, this truck has already been "saved twice lol

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ok guys we need to find the offically time and then we can see who won the bet on how long this truck lasted...

My thoughts, if you messed up the fenders, take em off, then get new ones you can put on and take back off, like with duetz fasteners or whatever they are called

9. supersize75k5

at this rate I am getting sick of myself, i think I need to fix up a chevelle, I looked at one a couple days ago for 1000 bucks with no motor or tranny...clean body, throw a big block, a t-400, crank out the body work, a couple grand in interior and then polishing up crome..go through the susspesion..10 grand later have something that will still be worth money when im done with it..

i really dont care though, aside from my free time, its only money and I still have less then 3 grand in the whole truck..not bad either way. you can always make more money and always build more trucks.its just a shame I care about looks so much..thats the real problem:doah:

i dont think it was even a month..

10. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

They're quarter panels, not fenders... :p:

And I'll just say unfreakingbelievable.... You must be entertaining to watch drive....

It's like you took that lesson learned...

and bashed it with a sledge... :wink1:

11. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I'd just keep banging out the dents, just to get it somewhat straight, and touch up where the paint it missing, and leave it at that.

Leaving them beat up will not look as nice as you want, and cutting 'em off ... well, their just plain gone then .. so it might be a happy medium.

Well, that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You say you are real big on things lookin nice...I say learn how to wheel like you want it to stay that way. Wheelin in the middle of the night because you're bored seems like a great way to take unnecessary body damage. Practise wheeling 'elegantly' instead of using full throttle as your first tactic.

Just my two cents, I do have dents in my truck but I also cringe inside every time rather than saying fukk it.

You do know how to build a good looking truck...hell I'd have you do my body work anytime. You do need to learn to be a bit more strategic when driving IMHO though.

I guess the only thing I have a prob with is the waste of time I see. It's hard to see someone build something that looks great only to watch them go out and make a mess of it in no time flat. Granted, it's not my time or money...but it does still bug me. :crazy:

Have you considered the removable panel idea? Check out RyanB's rig...5 minutes and it's a tube buggy, 5 more minutes and it's a damn fine looking, street legal, full bodied first gen. If you're wheelin isn't going to improve at least build the truck to suit you and the way you wheel.

Rene

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Then quit ****ing wheeling it . Simple ****in answer , finish the other truck :D:D:D:D:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::p:

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

personally, i could give a damn about the time, it didnt cost me anything, and if thats what he wants to do, so be it.

where i have a problem is destroying a solid truck, and then throwing the remains away. too many guys like you out there, and there will be nothing for the rest of us to enjoy.

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

what ever happened to the roadster project? :confused:

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

In anyone else's hands maybe it's just go to the crusher instead of getting fixed in the first place. i'm sick of seeing people whine (from salt belt) about 'solid' trucks getting wasted, dented, or otherwise molested...if you care that much grab a plane ticket and go rescue one.

It is his truck...I just don't see the point of putting that much time into it if the end result is the same as putting no time into it.

Rene

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

dent it and molest it all you want. but take good enough care of it not to have to build a new one every couple years. there are guys on here who have full bodied trucks and truggies that have been together for years. but because they drive with their sense of sight, rather than feel, their junk stays together.

18. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

poor Mr. Potatoe head...

-Avery

19. supersize75k5

well to things

1 niether time wheeling was I throttle happy or trying something stupid, more or less these are big trucks, az is jeep friendly, and lots of freaking rocks to be enjoyed. I dont mind killing some sheet metal if it means I can try a fun or harder line.I enjoy building these things just as much or more then I like the wheeling.

I have cut th passenger side off, and still 3 hours later I am hessitant to cut the drivers side..

as of right now I can slap on some fresh cheap front fenders and the rear fender and it will be straight again, front fenders wrinkled do to afterthought in how I mounted them at the bottom..no biggie

i just sit here thinking a few different ways and thinking about the past..last time I did this just a few months later it was a trugy..then the legal hassel and cops are an issue..the H.O.A. will hate it etc..I dont have an interest it making them removable..i am building a buggy dont need a second one and while I like ryans, that is alot of time that could be better spent of a 1st gen like his or my buggy. As of right now I say hang the new fender, then dont wheel the truck..but thats hard to say

its not a matter of worth, as for the trucks getting killed out here, I can count at least 10 being sold right now for 2 grand with clean clean bodies, they are everywhere, I see them everyday, I see 1 camaro's every week, I see nice 67-72 trucks every day, I even see a clean 67-72 burb all the time, lots of nice trucks here, or rust free chevells,

people up there act different, im young parts are cheap and it keeps me entertained

I simply cant say enough how many of these trucks are around here, and they will continue to be, az is a truck loving state, we have alot of constuction, alot of workers, and they love these things, also noted is how many people or lower income drive the old work trucks, they are everywhere. these are not collectors items or close to it, it takes alot more then straight metal to make something worth alot, and most of us are not dumping 20 thousand into a blazer out of lmc parts..

i dont have a need to get rid of it, and i could care less if I rebuild it 3 times again, its all good to me.

20. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

All I can say is you might think its just money and you can make more... but thats probably because you have plenty of it... get that truck where you want it and keep it there not point in taking one step forward and one step back.