Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Out in the snow, being a dumbass, having fun... till the cops showed up

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Ok, so I am out playing in the snow... nothing major. with the throttle bog I am not blowing roosters in the snow or spinning cookies just out driving about and getting a little sideways... No biggie, its all good, fun times... but like all good things, it came to an end and it was time to go home. So, I shift into 4wd and head off into the rapidly approaching dusk. I drive down 4th plain, no biggie, no slippage. Stop at the light, turn left, no biggie... no slippaaaaaaahhh... what the heck is... ow that light is damn bright... what night vision... is that a cow?

As I turn left at the Y-mart to head home I start to slip a little, so I back off the throttle. Hit a heavy patch of snow and the rearend comes out from under me. No biggie, no one close to me so I steer to correct and think nothing of it. Then, all the sudden, a damn washington po po shines his bright ass spot right in my face as I am trying to correct. What a fawkwad. he keeps on driving after blasting me in the face, [darn] my night vision and if I had ACTUALLY been having a problem that little distraction could have been the difference between hitting someone or recovering.

Just thought I would share...

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ya they tend to ruin all the fun /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i did go out and help a few people that were stuck today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

The cops around that area are real jerks lately. You got lucky he didn't turn around and harrass you some more. Glad to see your getting around better then we are, both vehicles frozen up solid /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I got pulled over one night after work and a trip through Taco Bell, forgot to turn on my headlights. Well he pulled me over and let me go with just a verbal warning, guess playing the dumb blonde worked for me. He really could had some fun with my expired insurance card and a tape measure /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

doh! heheh

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yeah, they like to break out the tape measure on rigs that run anything bigger than 35's. I can't count how many times I've been pulled over just so they could inspect my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. Once was in the Burgerville parking lot (the one downtown by the cop shop). I pulled in and as I was climbing out, the cops pulled up behind me and started in with the "license and registration please" line. I gave them everything and told them "have fun checking it all out. I'm gonna go order a cheeseburger...you guys want one"? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif They didn't think it was too funny, but the people at the counter did! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif They didn't write me a ticket, but they probably could have. I'm almost to the point of keeping track who pulls me over and why. After too many times, it starts to feel like harassment. Oh well, it's all good for now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Serves them right for pulling you over at a Burgerville.

When I was trying to get a blazer, years ago, street legal I had to show the lady at State Patrol inspection where and how to measure, what light the fire under me was it was on 31's and there were bigger trucks in the parking lot. Told her flat out to get out her ticket book and have fun with the trucks there and started pointing them out, she finally gave in and allowed it to pass inspection /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Seems like the Clark County Sheriff don't care as much as the Stater Patrol do and now that they are really working 4th Plain more I have to watch out for them.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, they like to break out the tape measure on rigs that run anything bigger than 35's. I can't count how many times I've been pulled over just so they could inspect my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. Once was in the Burgerville parking lot (the one downtown by the cop shop). I pulled in and as I was climbing out, the cops pulled up behind me and started in with the "license and registration please" line. I gave them everything and told them "have fun checking it all out. I'm gonna go order a cheeseburger...you guys want one"? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif They didn't think it was too funny, but the people at the counter did! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif They didn't write me a ticket, but they probably could have. I'm almost to the point of keeping track who pulls me over and why. After too many times, it starts to feel like harassment. Oh well, it's all good for now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be a Couv thing - in the 14 years I've been here (minus the 3 in PA) I've never been pulled over at all, let alone for truck or height inspection. This with rather large 4x4's. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif