Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

out of state vehical into California

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dleroy43, Jan 24, 2005.

1. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am going back to California this summer. My burb is from Utah but I bought it here. How much work will it be to get it smog legal in California

2. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

As long as all the smog equipment that came on it from the factory is installed and any performance parts you added have a EO# (Executive Order) (50-state legal) you should be fine. Welcome back to the People Republik of Kalifornia!:D

3. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

Be careful. Smog may be the least of your concerns. When I was moving back to Ca. in 1994, they tried to nail me for sales tax on my truck. They said that because I owned the truck for less than 3 months before I moved that I bought the truck with the intention of bringing it into the state. They tried to get me to pay an extra 780.00 on top of my regristration fees. That was the straw that broke the camels back. I decided to stay in Oregon.

4. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks for the help. I bought it three years ago from someone who didnt want to clean it herself to have it shipped back so, she gave me a good deal:deal: . I think I should be okay with some of the tricky fees (I hope) since I am returning from active military duty:usaflag: . Iam only staying in CA long enough to finsh school :surepal: , Resident fees are better than non resident fees. :D :burb: