Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Out of these three which is the best?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Yohinan, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Can you all post your opinions on what you feel is the best of the three and why you believe this? I am getting one next weekend. All three are the different manufacturers versions of the rotary saw. Thanks John

Roto Zip

Craftsman

Dremel Advantage

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I like my Rotozip but the lock for the collet (for changing bits) is cheap. Mine screwed up after about 6 uses, but it still works. I like the look of the Craftsman model, especially with all the attachments it comes with. My opinion of Dremel is they are crap.

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I just got the Craftsman for Christmas.
    I love all the attachments, the adjustablility, and the lights.
    A buddy of mine has the roto zip and it's nice and all, but it does feel cheap compared to the Craftsman.

Never tried the Dremel version, but if it's anything like the other dremel I purchased I wouldn't get it, too much money! I replaced the dremel (moto tool) with a craftsman and have had much better luck with the craftsman one, plus it's cheaper!

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Ive got a Roto-Zip and have never had any problems with it. I've also looked at Craftsman and they seem prety nice.

I think Dewalt makes one you might want to take a look at also

5. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Well I got the Dremel for Christmas. Only reason the wife got that one over the Craftsman is because they were out of it at the time. Looks like I will return the Dremel for the Craftsman since that is what everyone likes. Thanks for the input fellas. John