Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

out w/the bronco time for a blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by s10x1000, Mar 29, 2006.

1. s10x1000

s10x1000 Newbie

im new here, i have 91 bronco now bought started working on it and reading and realized that ford broncos after 1979 are no bueno, (ttb being the main reason) i read up on sas w/ leafs but about the only way to do it is go d60 not hard to do but pricey. now i didnt know anything about trucks when i bought the devil bronco and now that i do i would have got a blazer. im selling the bronco and looking for a blazer, i was wondering if yall had any opinions on good years or tips on what to look out for when hunting for a blazer. thanks

2. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

what are you looking for in it? fuel injection? full convertible?...

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

good years? 69-91. :deal: :D

welcome to CK5. :waytogo:

4. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

it would be easier to give suggestions on hat types of wheeling you do, and anything else you want ot do with the truck.

watch out for rust.

5. s10x1000

s10x1000 Newbie

i just do light trail riding i want the leaf springs for the simplicity of the lift

im going to keep my 37"s a 6 inch would work right

6. 4trolls

4trolls 1/2 ton status

hey I like Chevy but if your doughting your bronco check out the 2 big broncos 4x4 club, Ive seen them go through big rocks with ifs and it wasnt a problem . yes 6" would be fine for 37" tires. weather or not you have to trim your fenders will depend on your back spaceing ,I run 39.5s with 5" of lift and a little trimming

7. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

One recomendation I would give you is, if you have your heart set on a truck with 1-ton running gear (i.e. Dana 60 front/14-bolt rear), and you do not know a lot about buliding trucks yet, buy a pick-up truck instead of a Blazer, which alraedy has 1-ton running gear from the factory because Blazers do not come stock with this type of running gear, if you did not already know.

8. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

One of the most common problems you will find is cracks in the frame around the steering box. Also look for bad cracks in the tailgate that the rear window rolls down into. They have a tendency to crack on the upper corners. Both of these things can be fixed relatively easy but they are a couple things to look for anyway.

9. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I got a '72 cause I love the first gen. k5's. If I were going to beat the crap out of it, I would have looked for a '73 and up. It would sure be nice to have a blazer that already has 1-ton's, TBI or a diesel, and a 700r4--of course none of them came stock just like this, but that is what I would look for. To each his own