Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OUTBID, mods DELETE!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Aug 25, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My sister bidded on an item she doesn't want.
    It ends in 1 hour and we don't have money in paypal account right now. How do we send the money then, can we send it through paypal, from the credit card, or what?
    ? We dont want negative feedback so we have to send the money before 7 days. We can't add funds because it takes 6-8 business days...

help, what do we do??

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  2. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

If you have a credit card set up on the paypal account you just send payments and they are charged to your credit card. If you have your bank account set up it will transfer the money from there.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

message the seller and ask for a bid withdraw, say it was a mistak and your sorry.

it will show on your ebay profile that you have had 1 bid widthdraw in the last year, and some sellers that are picky dont like that.

it the seller says no or it doesent happen in time, then you can use a CC to pay the person, paypal tabulates it and excanges it and charges the right amout to your card.

or tell the person you cant pay right away as it takes a week to transfer money from a canadian back acount to paypal.

or ask to send a chack, you can take a little time in sending it, and it will take time getting there so it will give you some leway to get the coin.

oh and dont bid on stuff you dont want or cant pay for the worst your doing it upping the price for some one who wants it.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Have her contact the seller, in some cases you can retract the bid. Also, search Ebay Help for "retract bid", and see what you need to do to retract it.

I once bid on a very expensive audio card, and realized after bidding it was the wrong card (difference of "II" and "III" in the description). The seller was very gracious and I was able to retract my bid with no negative fallout.

If you have to, you should be able to pay by credit card. If they accept paypal, they should be able to process credit cards through paypal, although this costs the seller more, so they may not want to do that.

And dont bid on things you dont want!

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Edit: Geez, I need to type faster! I was beat out by a hew people. :haha:

You can cancel the bid, but it's not recommended.

Will they take a money order?

They can take credit cards through Paypal if their account is set up to do so. You can look on the auction page for a thing that says something like "Pay instantly with your credit card through paypal". Most sellers are good to deal with, just hit the "ask seller a question" button on the auction page and explain to them the situation that you are new and will pay shortly. Likely they will understand and give you some more time.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Can my mom pay for it with her mastercard?
    I just set up the accounts 2 days ago, and have been down from surgeury. So nothing is set up, besides the account.
    They accept M.O. so thats the last case scenario because it takes a long time

I never bid on it, my sister did. :mad:

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Or she can send western union. :confused:

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Don't use Western Union unless you really know what you're doing and are 100% sure it's not a scam front.

Western Union is a favorite of scammers/con artists because once the moneys in their hands, it's permenantly out of yours. Meaning, there's no recourse if a product never shows up, no credit card company to fight the charge, no check to do a stop payment on, etc.

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

case closed.
    someone outbid her.
    Shes lucky im sick...im real mad right now.

I'll be back in a few days when I feel better.
    Thanks everyone

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

if you only JUST set up the paypal acount then you wont be able to use a cc right away.

you must let lem charge a verafing fee (that you get back) it only a few bucks, then you have to check the statement (can be dont online) and in the bill line is a 4 didgit code you then punch tha into the paypal acout and you are verified. you can then use the cc to pay for stuff

BUT
    you will have an uncomfirmed addres and that takes time to get done (and i forget how)

some people will not ship to unverified paypal addresses, espesely since it will be international.

if they refuse then you send them a check / Money order and all is good.

thay HAVE to wait for you to send the check so you wont get any negatie feed back.

EDIT ah good you got out of it now steve what were YOU bidding on huh?

lets have the link

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I didn't bid on anything!
    She bid on what she thought was 4 shirts (didn't read the auction I guess) and it was only 1 shirt. And shipping was 12 bucks or so...

wimmen... :rolleyes:

We got lucky I guess...

thanks