Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Outer rocker alignment

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5baby, Mar 5, 2005.

1. k5baby

k5baby Registered Member

I have a 72 K5 Blazer and I recently removed and replaced inner, outer floors rear and front door pillars and now have to replace outer rocker, door and rear front half quarter I hung door, temporarly tack welded outer rocker and quarter to work on alignment issues before permanelty welding. My problem is the bottom of the door is touching the top of the outer rocker:confused: . I have adjusted all I know how and still can't get it right. Any suggestions?

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

First off, welcome to CK5! pleasefill out your profile when you get some time, it will help us help you. :thumb:

Reproduction outer rockers suck when it comes to fitting them. where'd you get em?
    Also maybe your door is sagging? my door rubs on the top of the rocker a little bit because the door sags. Could be due to rusty doors, or sloppy hinge bushings. :grin:

3. k5baby

k5baby Registered Member

Thank You,I purchased everything from LMC. New door and hinges. I also updated my profile, Thanks for making me aware:grin: .

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005