Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Outta Towners meetin' in Az in January...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by marv_springer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Outta Towners meetin\' in Az in January...

Ok... seems to me that I've seen chit-chat about at least 2 times that CK5'ers are comin' to Az for visits and wanna do some wheelin'. Since we're lucky enough to be close to so many great wheelin' spots, are we gonna make plans to show these guys the Az Rocks or what...?!?

I recall loose talk about 2 gatherings:

1) Texas crew (aj_tatted and Fourwheeler Jeff) talked about comin' here.

2) Thumper and his service buddies visiting also.

I'm terrible at planning, but I think it would be good for a volunteer (not me.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) to grab the bull by the horns and plan something and communicate that back to the visitors. Any volunteers? what do you guys think?

Marv

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Re: Outta Towners meetin\' in Az in January...

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm terrible at planning,

[/ QUOTE ] Where's that little B.S. smiley guy when you need it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I don't mind helping out. I'll PM Thumper, and have him post here. We need dates first.....

3. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

OMG!! This will be incredible! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Gawd, normally I cant wait for the TD trips so I can pick up some parts hehe. This ones different. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ok, I will be in Phoenix staying on Luke AFB (as far as I know so far) for two weeks from the 10th till the 24th of Jan.
    We will (90% probability) be off for the whole weekend of the 17/ 18th unless something stupid happens, in which case one crew will work Sat and one crew will work Sun... wont know till the day tho unfortunately. In either case, I should be able to sweet talk my co workers into swapping shifts with me if I have a good plan!
    Beyond that... I dont know if you need any more info... PM me anytime.
    I am back to work next week, and will be able to talk to the other guys and see if anyone else is into going... like I said, maybe 2 or 3 of us.
    I really appreciate this guys... I hope nothing screws up.
    I guess when we get closer to the dates, I will get some contact numbers from you for down there.

This is so cool! I love this site! Hehe.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Later
    Mike

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Cool, we have dates to work with Jan 17 and 18, 2004 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Rob posted in the So-cal and Texas boards previously, he can update the posts. Let's make the run local- either Table Mesa or FJ......

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Great!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.... Kudo's to Amigo #3 for stepping up to the plate.

So FWP's got Thumper's (Mike) group nailed down to a date.

....what about the Texans and Californians..?! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Who's got them? Who was talkin' this up w/ them at BB03? Was it Robzilla?

Marv

6. FWP

FWP CRS

I sent Rob a PM. He's prolly schmoozing a client somewhere