Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

over heating@ idle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ARTIC, Dec 17, 2004.

1. ARTIC

ARTIC Registered Member

THANKS for the replys,my truck Gm 6.2 diesel still has the prob,its not the clutch fan,you can check it with a heat gun,mine is fine.heres the drill i go out in the morning and start her up,she fires rite up,pop the hood and the headder tank is full of coolant,l pop the rad cap off and theres lots of air bulbbles in the flow.get the shop vack out put it on the blower and push all the coolant in the headder tank back in to the rad,its warm by know and it looks soap suds in my rad,witch i did not put soap in there.off to work its about 30 miles to work @60 mph, she runs @190F steddy,get to work and pop the hood and there is the bulbbls going to my headder tank, not lots but one a secon,if i let it idle for 10 min and it gets sierous! shut her down. if it was a head gasket there would be fule in my coolant,or my eng oil would be grey or milky,both are good no fule in the coolant,on water in the oil? ive been a marine mach for over 20 years,built and worked on a lot of motors and i should know this one!! the vapor lock theary is good but iam not sure about that,my clutch fan is working,this motor has well over 500.00 miles on it,ive put over 300.00 on it in the 8 years ive owned it,when i bought it i put and hour meter on the motor,4.852 hrs on rit know,with a DIESEL its better to go by hrs then miles,i chang my oil every 100 hrs, what the hay,its $10 and 1/2 hour to do,rite!an it dosent see over 3000 RPM.allways like to here what people have to say.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sounds textbook to me for a blown head gasket.

3. Fierospeeder

Fierospeeder Banned

i 2nd on the blown head gasket.

It depends on where the head gasket and how bad the gasket broke to cause water to mix with fuel or oil.

Right now, it is very minor and the bubbles is causing an "air lock" in your coolant system which prevents it from transfering fluid to the radiator.

4. ARTIC

ARTIC Registered Member

head gasket

thanks for the help boys,yea i guess i just need to here it from from someone else that knows there ****,shes gone!not much help out here in the sticks where i live,every one i talked to arround here are idiots,first time i pulled the rad cap and saw bubbles,you dont want to beleave it the head.i guess ill have to park it and drive my 90 4x4 SLE SURB-32"-warh hubs-HRfactory rims gas pot,its a real nice truck,i am the secon owner,68,00 org miles.its bin parked up till know,its my sunday truck clean.ho yea thats the beauty of owning 2 trucks that look real close,same color,year,the plates look the same on both of them! the head gaskets are hard to get out
    here,$75+taxxx2death=$100x2=$200@ the local auto parts store,or down the road at local salvage yard theres a 1988 6.2 nontubo
    the guys swears by,of course for $600 no%#! tax,rebuilt yester day-AH,what to do??