Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

over heating

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Jan 13, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

i have a 3 core raditor, and a b&m tranny cooler rated at 28,000 i think, but burnt up one tranny, and catn keep the motor under 210, any suggestions /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ok, is your tranny cooler in front of the radiator or behind it? its supposed to be infront i believe, and for the engine you might try an oil cooler as well, that might have some effect a friend of ours with a 55 chevy with a 396, had that same problem, put on a oil cooler and its all good.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Put a raditor out of a big block truck in there. Also maybe a 165 degree thermostat.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

How old is the radiator? If it's an oldie, then it can look OK but still have lots of clogged cooling tubes. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

How about the fan clutch. after your engine has been a full temp for a while shut it off grab the fan and try to turn it if it turns you have a bad fan clutch. Are you running a fan shroud it will help to.