Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Over-reving and vibration problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JBBLAZER, Mar 4, 2002.

1. JBBLAZER

JBBLAZER Newbie

I have an '89 with a 350 and 700 R4. I recently had some driveline vibration...replaced the rear U-joints...seemed to cure the problem. Now about 1 month later, the engine over-revs while accelerating and the oil pressure redlines...once I reach cruising speed, and shift to overdrive, the oil pressure backs off (slightly) but the truck is still over-reving somewhat and I get slight vibrations every once in a while during certain changes in throttle imput. I'm not sure if this could be related to the U-joints or not...they don't appear to be wearing...and they are holding greese.
    Could this possibly be a torque converter? Transmission problem? etc. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!!

Joe

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Mine is doing the vibration thing.. just not over-accelerating.. I think part of the problem could be your tranny and Transfer-case mounts...
    Mine are worn out.. I tightened them up real tight... and the vibration stopped for awhile... now it's coming back..
    BTW... I see this is your first post... Let me be the first to welcome you to the best Blazer-Jimmy source of info site in the world... lol..

3. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard.
    I would have to go with tranny slipping if the engine is over-rev-ing. That is about the only place that can "slip". If a ujoint goes, it's gone, no more movement, haha. Hope it helps. Good luck.