Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

overdrive opptions for cummins power

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jul 23, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

so i hauled basicaly a house full of furniture & everything else involed in a move a little over 300 miles this week now i want a cummins i know of 2 pre 94 cummins trucks i should be able to get fairly cheap as they are both wreaked they are both autos and 2wd though i dont know what tranys with over drive will hold up to a 6bt after i do some power mods i would like a manual 5 or 6 speed but i have no idea what units are strong enough for alot of tourqe is a NV4500 enough are there autos tough enough without going to all dodge drive train?

balzer

2. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

go with a nv4500, they are tough, have a good low gear and overdrive. but they get a little expensive

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

NV4500 and NV5600 come with the cummins. i have an NV5600 in my new truck. they are putting some in house built G56 in now, that would also bolt right up once adual mass flywheel was installed. that could take some work as i dont know if the crank bolt patern has changed at all. NV4500 would work, but OD isnt as much as it could be. the NV5600 has a lower first gear to make up for taller gears if you like.

Grant