Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Overdrive V-belt alternator pulleys

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dyeager535, Jul 8, 2002.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Got a response back from www.powermastermotorsports.com about the OD alt pulleys.

Part# 110 for chrome and 111 for
    natural. 2 3/8". No price given.

If its only $10-12, (the serpentine ones aren't much) I may try it. Thats not MUCH of an OD ratio, but its a bit. Can't hurt to try!

2. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

hey dorian do you think the 2 inch pulley i ordered is too small ?? i dont rev higher than 3500 rpm??? just curious?? ps i counted 4 grooves,i hope i counted right. 4 high grooves. see what happens when it arrives, called the co, and got a machine, no call back yet. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Nah did some "calculations" and with my poor math skills, (and typing) even at *4000*RPM and assuming something like a "stock" 75% OD ratio (based on crank pulley vs alt pulley size) and adding 30% OD on TOP of that, it only came out to something like 7000RPM. I know people that turn motors that high with a stock alternator, so I'm not too worried about it. 4000 is my upper limit most of the time anyway, so I'm not real worried.

4. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

well thats good news went back out and double checked the grooves and it's 4, now we wait for the mailman.keep ya posted /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

That's good to hear. I need RPM help also, my 200 Amp alternator puts out zilch at idle. Post back your results Dye.