Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

overhead console

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ducati-cooter, Mar 3, 2002.

1. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

I am wondering who has an overhead console in there rig for cb radio and other such things. I am looking at building one but would like some suggestions or pics of others.

thanks cooter

2. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Well, I'm not looking for one as a place to mount my CB or anything.. I jsut don't like stuff hanging down around my head. However, I am trying to get the upper center console out of a 2001 Silverado. I like hte way they look, and think it'll mount in my '90 just fine. Besides that, It'll give me some places to mount a few gauges, and some map lights on either side. Tuffy makes a pretty good overhead console however, that you can mount a CB and I believe a radio in.

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

chek out my website. I have one I made.

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I've put one of those shelves that mounts to the sunvisor holes in my Blazer. It's pretty handy for the radio and other stuff. I wouldn't get one if you're over 6' tall since it does lower your line of vision. It's also a pain since my passenger seat doesn't fold and the headrest hits when someone is getting in the back seat.

Smitty