Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Overhead console?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieBlazer, Apr 19, 2002.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Anyone have an overhead console? If you do who makes it? Any pictures would be appreciated. I am looking for one for my blazer just curious to see the different kinds. Also $?

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I got one made by Steel Horse, goes across the front. Bought from 4WPW for less than $50. It bolts in, and the visors attach to the console. It's a little odd cuz it cuts off the very top of the windshield, and a little off the rear mirror. I'm living with it for a while to see if I get used to it, and if having the storage space up there matters so much. Jury's still out on it.

3. BowtieBlazer

I kind of felt the same way when I rode in my buddy's bronco about not having the top of the windsheild anymore. Let me know what you think about storage and maybe what you store up there looks like a good place for a CB and the like.

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I know tuffy products makes one. If you have a rollcage it would be a simple install.
    try
    www.tuffyproducts.com

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

That was my original thinking - put the CB up there. But for me I think it's too high to see it easily when I'm driving (I'm 5'5") and I can't bolt it underneath because the visors or rear view mirror are in the way. I also have a Tuffy Security Console between the seat, and I find that I just throw everything in there. I have the deluxe version, and I have my ham radio in the radio spot. So, so far i'm not storing anything up there in the overhead. The Tuffy Security Console was a best buy for me - I would definitely recommend it. I'm going to put my kill switch inside the Tuffy too.

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have one that came stock in my suburban. i'll try toget some pics for ya.

7. BowtieBlazer

I appreciate it