Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Overheating?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JeremyK5, Oct 2, 2001.

1. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I recently put in a transmission temp gauge, and I think I put it on the line flowing into the radiator. At sustained highway speeds I am getting a consistent 230*. I have the th350, is this normal?

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I would imagine so cuz it is cooled to 180 degrees or what ever your thermostat is in your truck is

3. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

That seems a little high but I know nothing. I have a 700r4 in my truck, I definitly put it in the line coming FROM the tranny and I get a constant 130-140 temps if I'm going, but It'll get to 180 in stop and go traffic and if I hit hills on highway and the converter comes out of lockup, it will skyrocket from 135ish to 180-190 in a second, but cool right off after it locks back up. I also have a 22,000 GVW external cooler ontop of the factory tranny cooler. Just giving you another tranny temp but I know it is from another type tranny.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>