Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Overload/ add-a-leaf questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I've got the stock springs that came off my K5 with the overload spring. I've also got another set of stock springs with the overload, but also with an add-a-leaf. What do ya'all think about if I removed the overload from the the spring with the add-a-leaf? Any negitive effectcs? Positive? What I'm lookin to do with usin the add-a-leaf is to level out the a$$ low problem. I know it's gonna stiffen it up...I can live with that. Just wanted to get some thoughts/input.

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I put the ProComp Add-A-Leaf in my Sub to get 2" more lift. The instructions said not to replace the overload with the Add-A-Leaf. It was not to be used as the bottom spring in the pack.

3. Zeus33rd

Hmmm, I didn't think of that......Thanks. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Zeus33rd

You in the military dude? Noticed the Hemmit in the background of one of the pics on your webshots page....Just curious. I just got out last May. Was a Tanker. Drove the M1a! Abrahams for 4 frickin years. lol...Couldn't wait to get out. Although, the M1 is about the best mudder I've ever driven LOL! For something that weigs 65 tons.....not even 4 feet of mud stops the damn things. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

HA! Nevermind. Just checked your profile. Duh. A Jarhead eh? lol....Just messin with ya bro......Ya'all Marines are cool. And you guys even have tanks in the Marines, so you guys can't be all that bad. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif