Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

overload flip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicotine, Jan 30, 2004.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

doing a overload flip does this doing anything other than give you better arche? in a bad way i mean as far as towing and DD? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

How much are you towing?

3. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

a camper trailer, 4 place snowmobile trailer, 19 foot boat amd thats about it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you are towing some decent weight. If it were me, I would leave it alone. You don't want to go into any kind of negative arch or anything when towing. It won't help enough to offset the negatives it will do for your towing.

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Flipping the overloads leaves about an inch of room between them and the rest of the spring pack. The amount of drop the springs have to got through to touch the overload is more than you want. For towing I would not reccomend it. Flipping it is not much different than removeing it entirely. My K5 rides real soft with no overload at all and I have no top, rear seat, tailgate or carpet and have removed a lot of sprung weight. I can't imagine how it would be with a top, a seat, tailgate and a trailer.
    Just my .02 though. You can always try it and change it back (a lot of work however)

6. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I've flipped a lot of 'em....

Basically, it's just like removing it as far as spring rate goes. I'd do it if you wanna keep your same ride height, but wanna remove your O/L....

Marv