Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Overloaded Duallies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Anybody on here know where I can find tons of pics of pickups heavily overloaded to where they're rear bumpers are dragging the ground? I'd especially enjoy some shots of some 1-ton or larger duallies with their rear bumpers dragging the pavement from overloading!

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

sounds like some kind of fetish to me. :haha:

that's gonna be a BIG load to drag the bumper on a 1 ton.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not a Dually but..................................

[​IMG]

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Just sit out by a place that deals in scrap metal.
    Some of the tweaker rigs that are dumping off scrap are pretty scary looking.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like me!

We had a 1970 F350 Beavertail ramp truck at the boneyard--it had one of those drive on lifts for a bed,with 3/8 plate welded in betwwen the ramps for a bed--we put 20 leafs in each rear spring,plus a 3 leaf "helper" setup on each side..

It was way over 8000 lbs empty,and we hauled everything from 1 ton dump trucks,to a complete school bus(minus motor and tranny)that we squashed flat with the forkloader and folded in half--it weighed 8000 lbs! :eek1: ..also hauled away a huge Allis Chamlers bulldozer we cut up in one load except for the detroit deisel 6 cylinder motor(that went in my 74 K20's bed,and nearly broke the frame in half!--lost my steering rag joint right after I dropped it off at the scrapyard!--weighed 2 tons by itself :eek1: ).. :crazy:

I dont think you can overload a dually,after seeing what insane loads we hauled out of that junkyard when it was closing and all the cars and stuff were crushed..good thing the scrap dealer was only 2.5 miles away!..a few times we noticed the inner dual rear wheel's petrified bias ply "U Haul" tires were FLAT when we got back!--how ONE tire held up even that short distance is beyond me!.

The other guy I worked with often drove the 1700 Series Trojan forkloader right up on the ramp too,when loading scrap and crushed cars--it would pull the front end right off the ground!..I'm suprised the trucks frame held up--but that bed made it as strong as a bridge I guess..never bent or broke the rear end in it.. :screwy: :screwy:

BTW--I like the donkey cart!..talk about beating your a$$!!. :haha:

6. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Hard to find pics of that. I put near 4000lbs. in the rear of an f250 and barely squated it. When the guy got home he took half off because the wheel bearing were smoking. :doah:

7. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yesterday I took my bug out and saw this guy in a Doge 1-ton with concrete forms in it and was wishing I had a camera. The forms were so heavy that it spit the bed in half and collasped it on the tires the local popo had him pulled over and were laughing at it. On my trip back it was sitting in a bank parking lot and me wishing I had a camera.

8. Inu-Hanyou1776

The donkey cart pic was hilarious!

From what you say ronny, maybe they need to start putting even tougher wheel bearings in trucks then.

diesel4me, referring to what ronny said, how often did y'all have to replace the wheel bearings in that F-350?

I remember this one time in high school when me and the rest of the P.E. class overloaded the Phys. Ed. depts. '73 Chevy stepside mule truck. Because of upcoming renovations that were going to be done to the school building and gym, the weightlifting equipment had to be relocated temporarily. Day came for the moving and we spent all of the P.E. class loading all the barbell weights for the weightlifting equipment in the back of this '73, which was equipped I think with a 250 straight six. Got it to squatting real good. So good in fact the teacher assistant who drove it could've swore the front tires were barely on the ground.

9. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

x2 , must be an Oregon thing .

10. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Not all duallies but here are a few overloaded pics from google.

caption04.jpg

OL-Dirt-Truck.jpg

OL-Ore-Truck.jpg

parking-overloaded.jpg

towing.jpg

11. Inu-Hanyou1776

:haha: Love 'em! The 'people cram' one's the funniest, with the one where somebody's trying to haul some kind of van with a Ranger comes in second.

12. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

The donkey pic is the best. I just embarrased myself in front of my office staff, they all came in to see what I was laughing about. The look on the donkey's face is priceless....thanks for the pic, made my day.

13. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

I was having a sh!ty morning till i saw this :rotfl: Thanks

14. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

You can tell that donkey is thinking "what freakin idiot overloaded my cart" and "hellooooooooo, am I the only one that has noticed a problem here people".

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

VW Transpoter in a RANGER pickup!!!!

^^^^^

My Favorite picture so far on CK5!!!...I though I was nuts for putting a 4000lb detroit diesel in the bed of my K20!!..now I HAVE seen everything!--I saw a 64 Plymouth Belvedere hauled to swap meet on the flatbed of an old dodge pickup--its front wheels supported only by two 2x12's nailed together,and under the rear wheels of the car, and bolted to the wooden planks of the flatbed!..the cops eyes at the gate looked like this> :eek1: ..he just shook his head..the car had no motor or tranny,but it still had to be a ton and a half easy!.. :bow: :haha:

We never had any REAR wheel bearing failures on the F350,probably because we never had to drive it overloaded more than 3 miles to the scrapyard luckily!
    But the other guy drove it about 35 miles to move a car for a freind once,on his way back the FRONT tire came right off,the wheel bearing nut unscewed itself somehow--it rolled out in front of the truck,he pulled over and the truck slowly came down on the backing plate!-(lucky it was empty,no car on the back!)-as he watched the tire and rim roll away at 55mph--it just missed a state police car parked under an overpass and bounced off the concrete abutment wall!..many cars spun out trying to avoid it,lucky no one got hurt!--he got a ticket for defective equipment ,cost his boss 300 bucks! :eek1:

16. Inu-Hanyou1776

Now that was scary to hear.

17. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I remember watching a 1 ton Chevy tow truck tow a C60 Chevy Glass truck.He had picked it up by the tail, and was towing it about 6 blocks. Well, this was a LOADED glass truck. The tow truck took off, the front tires came off the ground, the back tires of the glass truck hit the ground. The tow driver hit the brakes, his front end came back down, the back wheels of the glass truck went back up. The tow driver finally got it finessed so that his front tires only left the pavement when he hit a bump in the road. I bet he could turn that steering wheel with a feather. I just sat on my front porch and watched in amazement. :doah:

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

if i had a camera i would take tons of pics of WAY over loaded trucks. :laugh: i;ve done it for twenty years. :bow: i used to talk them outta it, but now i wanna see. :haha:

19. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

This'n ain't overloaded, but it's mighty sweet looking! Especially like the bumper!
    [​IMG]

20. Inu-Hanyou1776

:eek1: Dually Suburban? I didn't know GM built those in that body style! Do they still build dually Suburbans?