Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ox locker

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76K5, Jul 26, 2001.

1. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

Has anyone tried running the Ox locker on their Dana 44 in front. I have heard cable lockers suck, but these are supposed to be better. Thanks for the help.

If in doubt, gun it.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

as far as i know they are only available for jeep's there are a few people in my local 4x4 group that have them and i have only heard good things about them i would like to have one for mine[​IMG]

77blazer see it at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

They're available for Dana 44's now. [​IMG] Haven't seen one in real life yet to ask how the owner likes it. [​IMG] I thought ARB's were cool when I first heard about them, then I talked to a few hundred people on various trail rides that had problems with theirs. [​IMG] I'll wait a while to see what the verdict is for the Ox.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I am excited about the possibility of OX Lockers on a K5 too!!!

It would be nice to have open-diffs for street driving, and hard-core locked diffs for the serious off-road stuff.

From what I've read....every piece of the assembly is machined, there are no cast parts, or welded parts. That seems like a pretty bulletproof way to do it!!!!

Bulletproof is all relative of course.....some people could break a crowbar in a sandbox! [​IMG]

-Greg72

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I look at it like this.
    1. Dont EVER rule out the 45% idiots ratio in total percent of all complaints recieved/veiwed about something mechnical breaking/not functioning.
    1A. Stupid foot: refer to the above.

2. First run production errors happens in cars, trucks, and anything else.

3. Sitting back and letting someone else spend the $800+ to make it to the end of the trail you already made it thru(and you have the tatto, t-shirt, and copy rights), with the die hard old stuff, to get to the harder trail they only dreamed of is fine by me.

4. This is a great time to watch the price of the ARB go down.