Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ox Trax

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZK5, Sep 10, 2003.

1. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

What happened to these guys? I see that 4 wheel parts is still selling the ox-lockers but the ox trax web site is gone, and has been for a while. Does anyone have any contact info or any info about what happened to them? Last I knew they were supposed to be coming out with a locker for the Dana 60 and the 14 bolt. But all I can find their lockers listed for are the Jeep axles.

I have a lincoln locker in my 14 bolt at the moment and I'm tired of it eating up my tires. I've been holding out for a selectable locker for the 10.5" and ox-trax was the only promising manufacturer.

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I heard they went out of business......yes, their website is offline, and 4WPW is probably just blowing out remaining stock of their lockers.

Sad to hear, it looked like a decent setup for a D60. I'd never heard the rumor that they'd offer a 14BFF version though....

I'd like to see ANY selectable offering for the 14BFF.....eLocker, ElecTrac.....something. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I heard they went out of business......yes, their website is offline, and 4WPW is probably just blowing out remaining stock of their lockers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. 4WheelPartsWhores bought either all or a controlling part of OX and is now their exclusive distributor.

4. HD

HD 1/2 ton status

I like the idea of Ox Trax, but they are very costly!

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

About the same as an ARB.

6. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

FWIW
    Tibus offroad claims that they will release there selectable locker for the 14BFF at the SEMA show this year. I have been talking to them off and on for a lot of months. It sounds like it is a real product bu that there have been manufacturing issues.

Mike