Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ozzfest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 23, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

PRetty good. Second stage was great. Bunch of bands I never listen to(and likely still won't) were pretty good live. Arch Enemy was awesome, heck bands led by chicks always are. By the time Killswitch hit the stage, we were being smashed, BIG TIME. My buddy and I were about 3 people away from the rail, center stage. We got out of there. We had been in for a few hours and nothing to drink that whole time. I decided to leave when I realized my hands were wrinkled and ghost white. Rehydrated and made our way through the crowd during Zombie. He freaking ROCKED. We were about 20 feet from the stage, just enough to stay out of the push we were in before but still awesomely close.

Main stage, well, In Flames was good, but I didn't pay a lot of attention. And I slept through Shadows Fall. Then came Mudvayne. They were not doing so hot, so we left. I think it was really the sound guys fault, not the band. The singer was way overpowering the band, thats just never a good thing. So here I am, stinky, smelling of pot(which I partook of none), and starving. All in all, it was great, but I really think it will be my last. From now on I'd rather see bands in a smaller more personal venue, with a bunch of people who love, THAT band, not there to see someone else.

Oh and I'm going to be SO sore tomorrow. My neck already kills. Damn crowd surfers. I wanted to do it, but I'm so light, people would have just tossed me over the fence in no time.

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

damm you didn't see iron maiden and black sabbath? well I can't wait till my date comes along...

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

yeah mudvaye and shadows don't sound so great in big venues. much better in small clubs or theaters.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't forsee myself going to ozzfest next year. I will take any oppurtunity I get to see Soilwork or Mudvayne in a small venue.

5. mudnmyvayne

mudnmyvayne 1/2 ton status

I have seen mudvayne many times,yes they are better in a small venue. I have also been to 2 ozzfests,Its harder than a long days work(if you get your moneys worth)

I am liking the in-flames,good stuff. Hope they get the sound prollems fixed before the texas shows.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

eh, IN Flames sounded great. Think whoever setup for Mudvayne just messed up that time. I don't know, maybe it was the way they intended, cause they didn't change it after a few songs.