Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

P/N or source help for a rear shock mount.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Leadfoot, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm looking for a new rear shock mount (upper by the frame). I went to NAPA and they said go to the dealer. The dealers said it comes with the rear shock (no seperate p/n). I went back to NAPA and they said they come with the rear shock as well (no seperate p/n). I then went to Autozone and they had a shock mount in the "HELP" section but it was meant for a car or steering stabilizer as the portion that would mount to the frame is a much smaller size. It there anyone out there that sells rear upper shock mounts (and p/n). Any help is appreciated. I'm looking for 6 for a special application.

TIA
    Leadfoot

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I bought one many moons ago for my 82 from my local dealer. Didn't have to buy the shock or anything else. If I get a few moments here I will call them and get a part # for you...

3. Emmettology 101

I see in your avatar you have a p/u.. IS it the same rear mount as used in a blazer that rivot on top of the frame? Or are you looking for the bolt that comes out of the frame?

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

if it is just that bolt than mo off road sells them with there shock mount kit, im shure if you called him he would sell you just the bolt

5. Leadfoot

Sorry, I should have specified. Yes it is a p/u with a double ended bolt that goes through the frame (not rivited on).

6. Emmettology 101

Well some shocks come with new mounting studs like you'll need.... If you cant find one, I think I have an extra one in my tool box. You have have it for free, just pay shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Which years are the same as what you are dealing with? (is this for the '78 or '80?)

I'm 99% sure my '86-88 parts manual will have them in it, just not sure if they are the same as what you need. I know at some point they went to the press in style.

8. Leadfoot

It was for the 80 but identical to the 78 (I also looked at a friend's 87 K10 and it was the same). I ended up Calling Steve Frisbee as MOO and he stocks them (for a more than reasonable price). I ordered them through him, but I would still be interested if we (CK5) could come up with a p/n for future reference.

9. Leadfoot

[ QUOTE ]
    if it is just that bolt than mo off road sells them with there shock mount kit, im shure if you called him he would sell you just the bolt

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

right on man good people there i would recomend them to annyone!!