Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

P/S Problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jimmyjack, Apr 13, 2003.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'm stumped. I went wheeling today. Nothing extreme, crawled over a few boulders, flexed a little here and there. As I left the trail everything was normal. I was driving home and decided to stop for a soda and as I turned into the parking lot it was like I had no power steering, I had to strong arm it into the lot and into the parking space. Came out and everything was normal again. Drove home went to make a right turn and almost turned into oncoming traffic bcos I had NO power steering. Pulled into my driveway and it was normal. Didn't realize the wife took the blazer to the store after I got home and now she's pissed at me cos she almost wrecked. Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

The belt might be slipping.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

You got me thinking, I went outside and both belts are tight, and no squealing either. By the way both hoses are less than a year old and the fluid is to the top. No runs, drips or leaks either.

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

sounds like the valve is gone or the pump. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my sister car does the exact same thing. i think its a bad steering box. i have replaced everything but the steering box on her car, so that must be it.

You should try doing that at 75 mph. no power steering then instanly there is, and you just moved over 2 lanes and cars are honkin at you and flipping you off. don't ask me how i know /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It's on its 4th box in 2 years so I'm gonna guess the pump is no good. And yeh, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I heard some guy in a bar telling a similar story /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And there's only one or two things I hate more than messing with the PS on my blazer /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif