Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

P/S pump ? Hydro interchange ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tarussell, May 15, 2004.

1. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I need to know if the GM Hydroboost P/S pumps will interchange with regular pumps - not the resivours just the pump body itself . Is there an output pressure differences between the two or are the differences the resivour and the provisions for the extra return lines ?
    The pumps look the same externally but I don't know what the pressure differences are .

If it helps I am hoping to use a regular P/S pump body ( from a 1978 C-20 ) on a Hydroboost resivour and related parts set up ( from a 1979 K-30 ) to put on my Blazer .
    I have already resealed and o-ringed the C-20 pump and would like to use it in the Hydro set up if it will do the job that a true Hydro P/S pump will do .

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks , Tom

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I had to use my Hydro pump after shearing the splines off my reg pump
    bolt in deal, no difference

with pumps you are playing with volume or the relief pressure
    to get volume you either spin it faster or make it bigger
    relief pressure is adjustable up to the housing strength on these pumps by the accounts on this site

3. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info !
    I was thinking they would work but it never hurts to get some extra info . I am glad to hear from someone who has ran both pumps on the same application .
    Thanks again MJ , Tom