Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

P30 4wdb master cylinder for hydroboost 4wdb conversion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camiswelding, Sep 9, 2005.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Im wondering if anyone here has used the p30 motorhome chassis 4wdb master cylinder in a 4wdb conversion....
    Ive been looking at it and it has 2 nice big reservoirs for the front and rear.... its one of the late model plastic type.... looks like it will bolt up to gen 2 hydroboosts....

ORU's ultimate master cylinder was a 180.00 mistake... it hasnt improved anything except their wallets

thanks

cam

2. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Might work. I do know that the P30's (RV that is) mount the hydroboost and MC under the floor and not on the firewall. That might mean they mount up differently as compared to a truck/blazer. If you can get the part number for it, you might run it against a Hollender Interchange Manual to see if they list it as a compatible part to a truck application.

Plan ahead though, as I see the p30 part being every penny as expensive as the ORU part without knowing if it is a direct replacment or not.

3. camiswelding

thanks rob.... good idea..Ill get a part number

cam

4. camiswelding

After a trip to my friendly parts man we pulled the P30 master cylinder and hydroboost for the 86-94 RV chassis ....
    After measuring everything it comes out like this
    The bore is 34 mm... just slightly larger than the existing hydo m/c on my 89 (which is non metric)... however its no problem and fits the exisiting hydroboost... the bolt holes line up.... the fittings are metric but a crossover fitting is available...
    The p30 master is huge compared to mine,,,plenty of capacity for those rear discs, nice aluminum/cast iron body,,, parts of the later ones were plastic(boo)...
    It appears the proportioning valve is different,,, but available from chevy (I already bought one some time ago)

The hydroboost was exactly the same externally,,,we're checking with cardone on monday to see if there is any internal differences between the two... they appear identical... they carry the same part number...

If this all works out this could be a really easy bolt on no hassle brake upgrade when converting to rear discs,,,

Ill let everyone know how it progresses,,, have to get some brackets for my 70... probably from Shawn over at Great Lakes OffRoad(ebay/pirate etc)... I like his work and he seems to always be cheaper than anyone else

Suggestions are always welcome

cam