Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pa lift laws?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaggyk5, Mar 31, 2000.

1. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

anyone know the lift laws requirments on tire coverage in PA? i dont know, and soon i am planning to get some 35x14.5's for when i lift the truck. I KNOW i cant cover these without probs, but i was just wondering if anyone knew the actual requirement. Noone around here can give me a straight answer.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

2. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Check in at your local state trooper shop....or any cop shop for that matter......somebody should be able to tell you something.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

3. Nomorerust

Nomorerust Registered Member

Hey Shaggy,where are you from in Pa? I'm in search of a lift for my K5 as well.I can recall what it was years ago but i'm sure the laws differ now.I know a few people with some custom lifted rigs.I'll see if I can find an answer for ya.
    CJ

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Check out <font color=blue>http://www.truckworld.com/How-To-Tech/97-lift-laws/lift-laws.html</font color=blue>

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

5. Nomorerust

Nomorerust Registered Member

Years back tires were able to extend 3 inches past the wheel openings.Now the law is no tires shall extend past the openings or extended flare. I've seen riders with tires well exceeding this limit,but the inspection laws speak for themselves.It's up to the actual inspectors to uphold.If your from Pa you already know what i'm talking about.

6. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

thanks guys, it was as i suspected. i LEGALLY have to have full coverage. hmmmmm..... maybe ill just put the 31's back on for inspection........kinda goofy looking but hell... as long as it passes.
    BTW im just outside of NE philly in lower bucks co.

shaggyk5

7. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Hey Shaggy,

I was just talking to a buddy and asked him when he was going to get around to lifting his old Chevy (8 or 10 inches). He said he heard that the state was planning on making 4 inches the maximum soon. I'm not sure where he heard this, but he's reliable enough that I'd check things out if I were you.

I put the old tires/wheels on the truck before I took it in for inspection (of course it failed!), and man does it look goofy! That law really sucks. Oh well, better than fender flares.

Last thing (I promise). Just got the registration form in the mail for the Bloomsburg Jamboree - who else is going?

<font color=blue>Rob
    85 K5</font color=blue>
    [​IMG] 24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day - Coincidence?

8. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

i havn't heard anything about the size of the suspension lift being restricted, but i do know that they just outlawed any new body lifts in PA. if you had one before, you can keep it, but you cant put one in now. Oh well, i didn't want one anyway.

shaggyk5