Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pa may not count Nader votes??? WTF?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Oct 14, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was watching the new this morning and they stated that Nader will not be on the ballot. Some crap about fake names on the petition /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif *coughs idiots* and anyway they say that absentees have already been sent out with Nader's name on them. So they are either considering just not counting those votes. Thats messed up. You can write in a vote and it will count but checking the name instead of writing it will not?

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

smell a big lawsuit coming there. I think they call that disenfrachising a voter or something like that.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well the deal is they found many ballots with the same names. Names like Fred Flintstone, Mickey Mouse and so on.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

not ballots, the petition to get him on the ballot. Must wonder who was so stupid as do something like that.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    not ballots, the petition to get him on the ballot. Must wonder who was so stupid as do something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]Mickey Moore /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ooops. Thats what I ment /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Must wonder who was so stupid as do something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Or smart. Maybe they knew if the petition were made to look like a joke it would be treated like one, so instead of saying "No thank you", they signed it as something they figured would be a disqualifier.

I never really thought anyone looked at the names on those things... I was nominated by petition for something (seat on a party committee), and a couple weeks after I was voted in, I got a letter that my nomination was challenged because one of the petitioners listed an incorrect address. Now that took some friggin research! It was too late, but still, someone was looking hard...