Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PA wiring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bad andy, Mar 24, 2003.

1. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

i just got a cobra cb with pa speaker...FOR FREE!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. does anybody else have a pa? if so where did you run the wiring for the speaker. i would like to mount mine behind the grille, wats the easiest way to run the wiring, where are any existing holes in the firewall that i could run it through?

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I would try maybe the rubber grommet around the speedo cable. Poke a stiff wire thru then pull your PA wires thru.

3. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

thanks, i'll see if it works, i'm goin to wait till this weekend to install it

4. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

the speaker i got is a Radio Shack P.O.S., so i'm gonna go to auto zone 2morrow, my friend said they have a PA system with siren and animal noises, that should be fun to play with in the school parkin lot!! LOL

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea i have a PA on my truck on my cobra cb, i ran the wire from the roof down the drivers side weather stripping, though the fender seam, and into the engine compartment, along the inside fender and bolted it to the side of the fender right infront of the winshild washer fluid resivior. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and it is loud as hell

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

yea that sounds like a good idea. what brand PA speaker do you have?

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

hell ya, can you just imagin ...."cut me off again mother fawker and I'll drive this thing right on your arse"

lol I bought one and can't wait also has a wolf wisil, should be great fun. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

yea haha, i wish i had mine installed when some a**hole talkin on his cell phone pulled out in front of me the other day. my PA even has the ice cream man song, its awesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I've installed CB/PA systems on several friend's trucks as well as mine so here's what I usually do. My CB is mounted in my roof center console in my burb and I ran the wires (power and PA) down the driver's side moulding and down under the dash and out through a worn out rubber grommet in the firewall. Then I attached the + power wire to the + battery terminal, and the - power wire to ground (All the radios I've installed had inline fuses) and the PA audio wires to the speaker's wires. When attaching the speaker wires, it does not matter which way you do it. Note: do not use solid wire for the audio, it sounds horrible. All I've used so far have been Radio Shack speakers and they have all been great, clear sounding and weather-proof. Good luck and have fun.

10. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

i went to pep boys yesterday and bought a pa system i found for $53, it plays the ice cream man song, animal noises and sirens, i wired it up this morning, took 2 hours and a trip to lowes for wire, it was definatly worth it. i mounted the conrtol box on the floor next to the 4wd lever (i'll eventually mount it to the bottom of the dash with the cb), and ran the wires under the carpet, out the door and through a hole between the fender and door and into the engine compartment, then mounted the speaker in front the windshield washer reservoir. i tested it out when i pulled up to a car with 2 fine girls in it haha, and well it definatly got their attention hahaha /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif