Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pace Performance Serpentine Kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, Sep 28, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Anyone know anything about this? I think it looks pretty good. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get it, I may even spring for the one w/ AC, not sure yet. Any idea why it comes with a new water pump? Is it the reverse style? Also, why would it come with an alternator? I thought alts would charge no matter what direction they turned. One more thing, I don't have secondary air injector or idler pulleys, but it comes with both of those pulleys..why? Thanks and hopefully I'm not makin a huge mistake.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am not familiar with the serpentine kit you speak of, but the water pump on almost all serpentine set-ups is a reverse rotation water pump and if you have a engine driven fan they are different as well. As for the pulleys it comes with, a serpentine set-up must have all the components installed for the belt to be tensioned and driven properly. The alternator will charge in either direction but I am sure that it is a mounting issue they are dealing with, (your current alternator will not bolt in the place provided I am guessing. )

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

got a link for a site to the one you bought? i dont think you are making a mistake. it does save a bit of wear and tear on your parts and is supposed to provied a few more horses.
    i plan on putthing one on my blazer. when i have a motor in it anyway
    grant

4. BrightBlazer

BrightBlazer Registered Member

I wonder if it would be possible to swap a newer trucks setup onto an older truck...92-86.
    May be a way to save some cash and to eliminate custom parts that are hard to fix,replace when in the middle of nowhere. I am considering this too.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yes, that might be possible. but i am sure that means upgrading to hewer items, like alternater. and those cost more. due to pully sizes i am guessing. or shaft lengths for the pullys
    anybody know bout it?

6. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I believe this is the one he is talking about Belt setup It's not to bad, but your SOL if you have to run a smog pump.

7. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Yes! That's the one...I'm here in Okie land so I won't need a smog pump. But, I absolutely can't run the alt that comes with that kit. I need something with more kick, and some say that the alt that comes with their package is the only one that will work.

8. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I believe the alternators in the police caprices are like 200amp, and I know for a fact the make a high amp rebuild kit for the standard one like they offer, but it stinks that you can't just get the setup you want with the correct stuff

9. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

I've got a 250 amper right now that I'm sellin. If I could use it in this package, I'd hold on to it. I'd really like a 1-wire alt even though everyone swears against them. I ordered the kit though, I'll post pics after I get it installed.