Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pacific Northwest

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by tRustyK5, Oct 5, 2000.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Any of you guys from the Pacific Northwest? I'd like to do some wheelin with some of you guys. I'm in the Greater Vancouver area, but I would'nt mind driving a ways to do some wheelin with some fellow K5ers. We've got some pretty good trails and wheelin here too depending on what kind you like. We have mostly old logging roads and goat trails that offer a good range of wheelin from easy to gnarly-body panel-eating-rocks.
    Anyone?

Rene

[​IMG]

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Gresham, Oregon here..........

My 79 (see it at website below) is not quite done after its' heart transplant. Should be back on the road by next weekend, that is the target date for firing it off. There are about 10 locals (Portland and Vancouver) here and others from Salem, Bend and Seattle. We have got to get everyone together one of these days, we were going to do it a few months ago, but of course my rig has been off the street for about 3 months now. Not sure if you would want to come all the way down here from beautiful BC tho.....

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

3. tRustyK5

How far is Gresham from Portland? You bet I would make the drive. I dunno about the dunes, I think my Jimmy may be too fat to fly [​IMG]
    What are the trails like down there? I've seen coverage of Foster lakes (that is some serious slime!)
    Personally I am more into trails and rocks than mud.
    Let me know if you guys are all going to get together. We were through Oregon last year on our way to California, and I did'nt think the drive was too bad. We took the coast on the way back, damn that was a nice drive!

Later, Rene

[​IMG]

4. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I am just itching to get in some rock crawlin. The last time I've been out I went to Rapid City, SD to go wheelin with RockBlazer the last weekend in August. Mud isn't my thing anymore, just rocks now. I wish I knew of some trails around here but I have only lived here a couple of months and work 7 days a week so can't get out much.

David 75K5
    Newport, Washington (50 miles N.E. of Spokane,WA)

http://www.goldrush.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

5. tRustyK5

Hey Gold Rush, we do have some pretty good rock crawling up here. I went to a place called Clear Creek Hotsprings on the July long weekend. Its mostly pretty mellow, actually kind of deceiving, because at the half-way point it gets really interesting. We started with 15 trucks, and only 10 made it to the Hotsprings. The last 2-3 miles of trail is pure rock garden. Lots of steep sections with dishwasher sized rocks to crawl over. Of the 10 that made the end 4 suffered some body damage, there were also some mechanical boo-boos too. The rigs that did'nt make it were mostly stock, and those people just parked in the trees and walked to the Hot-springs. AHHH the Hot Springs!! Natural Hot Springs at the end of the trail. Someone has built a few tubs there for the enjoyment of the brave that make the end of the trail, talk about a reward at the end!![​IMG]
    I'd have to guess that we are closer to you than Rapid City.
    If you ever get some time off from work give me a call and we'll see if we can get a few trucks together for a run.

Rene

[​IMG]

6. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

what about the naches area, powerline trail......it can be pretty tough runnin the whole stretch of it. my 74 took a love tap to the pass. door from one section.....

7. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

To anyone interested

there is a snow run in Eugene for this weekend. Think they are meeting at mcdonalds in Oakridge on saterday around 8am. If interested e-mail me and I will get the info to you.

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: To anyone interested

Hey Vince, you on OBH? I saw that run posted there too, can't make it myself but sounds like fun. Pretty cold here in the Portland area, Mt. Hood getting tons of snow..........

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

9. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

yah but havn\'t ever been on a run with them

now I am moving to Idaho so don't know if I will ever get to go :P At least I found a club where I am moving too &lt;smile&gt;

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)

10. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Re: yah but havn\'t ever been on a run with them

Anyone from around the Skagit Valley???

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

11. tRustyK5

I used to go to Skagit speedway somewhat regularily. Does that count? I'm only about an hour or so from there. Well depending on what the border looks like.[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

12. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I guess that counts...

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

13. blazerbum

blazerbum Registered Member

hay i was just brousing through the post and seen yours im in snohomish county and been up to mt vernon a few times also walker vally we'll have to hook up one of these weekends and do some 4x4en let me know you also trustyk5 .
    73 k5 33's 350 th350 np203 and ugly

14. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

im ellensburg Washington im free every weekend but the 2nd ine if august im going to naches to run thoso trails

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

15. blazerbum

blazerbum Registered Member

me and a couple peaple here at work are talking about the 25 of aug for a day run at little naches one of thems been there numeruos times and sead he would guide . let me know what yu think ill see if i an get some others to go to